NADA Discus Show/Convention - Dallas TX, June 11th - 13th, 2010

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
The North American Discus Association is holding a show/convention in Dallas Texas on June 11th-13th 2010. Anyone wanting or even thinking about getting into discus, you NEED to be there. They have an amazing all star cast lined up for speakers and there will be tons of amazing fish for sale (Auction as well!). Also an all discus show. http://www.discusnada.org The registration packet, once available will include the show, speakers, and a membership to NADA if not already a member. Think ACA....but strictly discus.

If you've spent any time in the discus world you will know the names of Jack Wattley, John Nicholson, Tony Silva, Dlck Au (Filter is not friendly to his name but thats an I not an L), and Discus Hans all are tabbed as speakers. They are also waiting on responses from a couple more including Al Sabetta owner and operator of Simply Discus and a very good resource on discus.

The hotel is the Embassy Suites Dallas South at the airport for $95/night including a real cooked breakfast each day. I remember paying more to go to the ACA's in Atlanta with no breakfast or anything. This is a very good deal. Shuttle service is available to and from the airport as well as to any locations within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, so that will get you to a couple of nice shopping centers and a mall. Pictures of the hotel are at the bottom.

Anyway, i just wanted to spread more word about this and drum up some support. I'll be attending the NADA show and the ACA show in 2010, but this NADA show should be something special. I'll try and post updates when i see them. Just wanted to give people a heads up on whats coming so they can plan in advance if they want to attend.

Make your hotel reservations via this link: North American Discus Association

Pictures of hotel, as you can see its pretty nice:

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
Thanks for the info Matt! I've been waiting for something like this to come through again.

If anyone from out of town is thinking about attending, I'll gladly assist you with directions, attractions, places to eat, LFS, and all kinds of various info about the area. As this event comes closer, I'll likely write up some info about DFW. Also, I would highly recommend taking the $95 per night hotel. It's a fantastic hotel in a great location and nothing that nice will come close to that price. At best, you'll save maybe $10 on another hotel, without going with common-branded motels, and even those aren't that cheap.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
And as per the name, these rooms are all suites, so its not like you're getting a standard Super 8 motel room. ;)

Avalon thanks, will be looking forward to more info about the area as i plan on attending and probably driving myself there and back. Definitely interested mostly in places to eat and LFS. My reservations are made!