my shrimp pictures :D

Hey everyone,
Lately i've been moving out the fish from my 20g except my otos and bristlenose pleco to make my shrimp and snail tank. So far i have 3 types of shrimp and 2 types of snails in the tank. I have around 12 cherry shrimp, 5 amano shrimp, and 6 to 8 ghost shrimp. As for the snails i have 1 black mystery snail and a lot of ramshorn snails. I am planning on maybe getting some virgin nerite snails later on but not any time soon and maybe some tiger shrimp :) but for now i am gonna try to breed what i have. The cherrys are getting pretty big now and i am still yet to see any eggs which is starting to worry me. Also i am going to attempt to breed some ghost shrimp and from what i've read it shouldnt' be all too hard and as for amanos, well those are a bit harder to breed so i am not gonna even try but they do do a good job on the algae :). The only shrimp with eggs so far is my ghost shrimp which had eggs when i first brought them home which was a few days ago so maybe in a week or so they'll let them out and hopefully i'll be able to catch the rest of the neons and cardinals in time cause i still have like 10 in there and i'm having a huge head ache on what i should do with all the fish in the 40g and my friends still haven't come to pick up some more fish. But thank god they got another person in the fish keeping hobby so they'll be inheriting a lot of my fish :D anyways heres the link and i kinda got carried away with taking a few pictures of each shrimp so you can just skip around and look at the super red cherrys :)

http://community.webshots.com/album/409401876xKyFzQ

Hope you like them! :D

May 7, 2005
san diego, california
quick question. i was looking at your pictures and i am thinking of getting amano shrimp. are they just like bamboo shrimp? to me they looked transparent (kinda) with black dashes. just wondering. couldn't really see cuz they were on green or something backround. but the pics are awesome! wish i could do that!

amanos and bamboos are really differnt in many ways, and yes amanos are clear with brown dots and dashes. I say they are really differnt cause bamboo shrimp are filter feeders while amanos are algae eaters that run around the tank picking algae off of things as opposed to the bamboo shrimp which just stays in one place for maybe hours at a time just grabbing stuff out of the water column. Also bamboo shrimp have the potential to get pretty big, maybe up to 5 inches if i can remember correctly but amanos do get quite large, just not as large as the bamboo shrimp.

ok cause i have like 4 to 6 of them with a saddle :/ but no eggs :( maybe i have to be a little more patient. The saddle did dissapear on 3 of their backs then it appeared again, or maybe their shell got too dark for me to tell but i was quite sure it wasn't there for one week but now its back :( so i guess in a few more weeks i should expect to see some eggs :) and i'm quite sure they are sexualy mature now but i wasn't so sure if they were when the ovaries dissapeared. If i ever do get some eggs i'll post some pics :D