my reef tank

Aug 15, 2010
Aren't you afraid of your tang to get ich? I have a 35 Gallon tank, with 2 clownfish, 1 blue damsel, and 1 Coral Banded shrimp, got around 3 soft corals in there , i do water changes once a week and got pump and protein skimmer.
Honestly, my LFS has a beautifull tang, small tought, its a dark yellow but has big white circles around hes spine, wich i would love to have in my tank.

Im curious, how long have you had the sailfin tang? didn't you have any problems with him?

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
no m8 ich is something u have to life with if u keep fish all fish have ich its just tangs r a higher risk fish than other if u can keep stress levels down than ich shouldn't be a problems. most tangs get stress spot when they go into a tank u just need to get them eating. i rehome the sailfin bout 2 months ago. i had him for bout 9 months i think the only problems i had with him was bout a week before i rehome him he started nipping my corals and tail whip ans bite my starfish other than that he was a great fish i could hand feed him. that tang sounds like a whitecheek tang. one of the best tangs is a yellow tang imo. i got a yellow tang after i rehome the sailfin tang

philo25uk

Small Fish
Mar 23, 2010
not done a update for abit so here u go tank is doing great only thing i have had since i last updated is 2 sexy shrimp which r doing great. other than that nothing more to report really