My quest for discus info. Any love?

Oct 22, 2002
Boy, I'm a little discouraged. I must be we todd it or something, but I'm really having a hard time finding good / practical / basic discus info on the web...

Thanks for all the replies you guys. I viewed each of those links. None of them were what I am looking for. I am not having any success finding "discus basics" - all of the sites that come up fall into a few basic categories:

1.) Highly specialized / very esoteric, usually re: breeding
2.) Breeders online store
3.) 404 error
4.) Individual's web page on geosh1tties with no info but 7,000,000 pix of the discus laying eggs on a clay pot.

These are great and all (well, not #3), but they don't help me out.

Recently, I visited the library. That was odd. I hadn't been there in quite some time ... the discus books they had were ... none. I didn't feel like waiting for the book reported "lost or stolen" to come back, so I left in defeat.

I made an excursion to a great LFS on the other end of town and was about to purchase the highly recommended "Back to Nature" discus book ... until the guy tried to charge me $50 for it. Hahaha! Whatever. Now I have a lead. So when payday rolls around next friday I can order that off amazon (1/2 cost of LFS ...).

But I'd still like to find a "discus basics" type website. Something simple, not intimidating to the newbie like me.

Any love?
Thx Muchly,
-B