My puffer Journal

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
its not the greatest quality but i have officially came up with a name for one of my puffers. The biggest one hes so shy and likes to play peek a boo in the decorations so i am naming him Bashful.

here he is again poking his head up

Last edited:

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
So I finally named my Puffers

Bashful - the biggest one and the most shy. Loves to play peek-a-boo with you a lot

Gia - The smallest one but is such a ham when it comes to taking pictures. Always finds a way to be in every picture

Winky - it was gonna be wink at first cause of the cloudy eye problem but i like winky better

Idk if they are male or female for all i know i just named a male Gia lmao

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
i appear to have extremely picky puffers as far as food goes. Other then the obvious snails and ghost shrimps what is something else i could feed them. Ive tried freeze dried brine shrimp and freeze dried blood warms and they act like they are too good for it.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Mine love frozen krill (thaw them in a bit of tank water beforehand, like a shot glass) frozen bloodworms or freeze-dried bloodworms.

Trust me, give them some krill and they will tear them apart like vultures ;)

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
im definetely gonna have to get some on the next payday. My neighbor got rid of all her fish and gave us the krill in a jar. I fed that to the puffers yesterday and they tore that stuff up!

btw winky's eye is getting better but unfortunetly it looks like Bashful has a touch of fungus so today water change and pimafix!

MikeS

Large Fish
Oct 5, 2006
Nor Cal
Mine love snails and shrimp of course, but they also eat frozen blood worms. I take a glass of aquarium water and drop the frozen worms in it. When they have all thawed, I dump in tank. Only bad part is all the other fish seem to like them too. Since my Ceylon puffer is big enough, he gets crayfish too. The gsp gets some after the kill, LOL. He will go in and steal some, but it seems the Ceylon doesn't care. The hang around one another a lot. Crabs are good too, and with smaller puffers, they can usually get them buy themselves. The crayfish and crabs wear their teeth down. I also feed frozen half clams, using the same method as the frozen blood worms.

RoxnSox

Large Fish
Jan 13, 2008
ft. campbell, KY
well im happy to report that i went out and bought some frozen krill and bloodworms today. When i got home i thawed out some krill in their tank water and they went to town! then they swam around like they were drunk or just had the greatest orgasm ever. lol