my paludarium -A work in progress

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Looking forward to pics, Val - glad to hear the fry are doing well!
If you have BBA, make sure you clean everything really well so no spores survive to infest the new setup. And don't share any equipment between that tank and your others - BBA can spread really easily. You can take your plants and dip them in a solution of bleach and water, then soak in water and Prime before putting back in your paludarium setup. You may want to seed another filter sponge in your other tanks so that you can discard or nuke the current filter media - it may very well carry BBA spores.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
ugh. Finally getting around to re-doing my tank :O ! I am really nervous and I have no idea why. I've done this before! Hm. So I think I'll evict my brother's betta (Sparky) from his 5gallon and see if he'll do OK in my 20 gallon, while putting my imbellis in the 5. I am so not looking forward to another cycle! Hopefully it'll be really fast and smooth... like my other cycles. Hey! Guess what! I just realized I have 10 more dollars than I thought I did. Woohoo, more plants!
Well. Wish me luck.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
woot

I did it! And why on earth was I nervous? It was fun!! It looks fab- I got some new plants from the lfs and I can't wait till it grows in. I'd post pics but my brother is in tenessee (actually boston right not) with the camera. *laughingc
;I'm also hoping to give this thread a little kick. I'm going to try and post lots so that it won't die again. :eek: