My new metal show

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
If anyone enjoys metal and/or hard rock, check out my new show which began last Saturday. I'll be playing mostly classic metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Metallica, etc.) along with some newer stuff. You can listen online by going to 93.5 KBHT The Outlaw.

Mike's Metal Mayhem: https://www.facebook.com/MikesMetalMayhem

I started doing a request show on Friday nights (7-11) about a month ago and decided to do this. You can livestream this show, too, and even call me toll free and request a classic rock song.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Yeah, man, check it out. Friday night is the request show, and Saturday is metal. I'm trying to get a lot of stuff loaded into the system, 'cause the metal stuff is pretty limited.

Last Friday I had someone call from Bowling Green, KY to request a song and dedicate it to someone incarcerated here in TX, so you wouldn't be the only person in KY to listen!

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
They're considered hard rock/heavy metal. There's a guy that calls me every week and requests "Voodoo" by them every week; his son is 4. You gotta start your kids out right!

I tell you, I love this part-time job, but it sure would be nice if I got the same wages as my other part-time job. I clean an aquarium, and after splitting the fee, make anywhere from $50-75 an hour doing that.

Feb 27, 2009
Voodoo is a great song, but my favs are "Whatever" and "Bad Magick," with "Forgive Me" next. Saw them live in San Antonio last month and would love to see them again.

I'll have to tune in and listen to your show.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Cool! Our headquarters is in San Antonio, though we're 4 hours away from there. My first two shows used metal (and semi-metal) songs that are currently in the system. This past weekend I took my laptop and played the good stuff. Last night I ripped some more songs from my CDs and now have close to 800 songs to choose from. When I finish doing that I should have closer to twice that.

Like I said, I played the majority of the show from the laptop, so I'm not sure how smooth the show went, since you have to switch back from different systems, and it is hard to get back to the mic and talk quickly.