my new goldfish (pictures)

Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
okay they aren't new new.. but since i haven't had time to put their pictures up... i'm doing it now..

they are medium sized... even though i blew up the picture to make them look better lol

and this one i have no idea what it is.. i went to the store to get two medium orandas.. but this little fellow caught my eye.. and i fell inlove.. and since it came from the same tank... i figured what the heck.. mine lol

he's a beauty.. or she.. still have no idea how to tell the goldfish sex

i think i'll name the second one grumpy.. i dont know why.. he just reminds me of a grump...

any ideas what to name them? been watchng them for crazy for 2 weeks... no real ideas.. mmm

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
mmm looking at the picture he looks sorta like the first one.. which i was told was an oranda.. .. but umm the first one cost me 11.99 and the second guy was only 5 bucks... maybe cause of the colors?

i love how their lil fins have a hint of they body color on them.. man i love these lil guys..

Sep 8, 2005
Your fish are gorgeous! It took me a month to name mine. Tootsie roll for my bubble eye [he kinda rolls around the tank] and Wendy for my peach cap oranda.

Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
awww thanks.. :) i think i may just name the top one precious.. cause that's what i've been calling her.. umm him.. whichever it is (sure hope it's not a him if i name him precious)

i sorta glanced at the other forum.. i'm sorry to hear about your fish prettypleco (hugs)

Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
thanks you two..

Yea i love the top one also.. I named the Top one Precious and the bottom one Grumpy..

Grumpy actually has a beautiful fin that is mostly orange but has some white( i just noticed it a couple days ago)

they are a lot of fun to watch and they love to hide out together which makes me think they are in fishie love :) even if they turn out to be both male or female hehe :)

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
Hmm.

The top one looks sort of like a ryukin to me. maybe it's just the angle he's sitting at.

I thought orandas have the raspberry growths on their heads...oh-nevermind..those are the 'capped' orandas.

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
I think it's the angle. :)

Orandas have the 'growth' on their heads -- the wen. Some oranda color varieties are referred to as "capped orandas" because they're white with only color on the wen (like a cap) and, usually, no place else. However, orandas can be any 'goldfish color' and even have calico or white wen. It takes a while for the wen to grow in and some orandas don't have very large wens anyways so, if these guys are still relatively wee, the wen may not be obvious yet.