My new Fluval Ebi tank

Dec 20, 2010
I took these pics right after I was done putting the wood & plants in so the water was a bit cloudy, obviously.

Won some cherry shrimp on Aquabid last night so those will be here soon. I also want to add some black forest & bumble bee shrimp.

Going to add a couple fish, but still have not decided which ones so suggestions are welcome. :proud:

The wood is African rootwood (have a piece for sale since I bought too much), plants consists of Cabomba, Java Fern, moss ball & Anacharis. Added some Eco-Complete substrate to the Fluval shrimp substrate.

Added a Fluval heater.

Is anyone running the carbon insert in their Ebi? Curious as to whether or not that's going to be worth adding or if the foam will suffice.

Dec 20, 2010
Added some RCS, 3 Cardinal Tetras, 3 Cherry Barbs & a couple more plants this weekend. Was tempted to buy a couple red crystal shrimp @ the LFS, but at $9 each, I'll see how the RCS do w/the fish first.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
looks a lot like the plant choice i started my 40 gal with when i converted it to planted. Looks like a nice start, but the cherry barbs should be skipped as the grow a bit big for your tank. im guessing the neons and the shrimp will be fine.