My new Fire Eels....

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
They are in my 55G Aggressive Community. They get to 42+ inches, and the lifespan is unknown, but they list it as 20+ years, longer than most dogs or cats, lol. I'll be getting them a 300G as their future home. Since I had to start over with them, after finding my 16" ones on the floor dead, I have more time to save for it. I do have the money to get it now, but I don't want to strap myself too much. It took about 18 months for my last ones to get from 3" to 16". So I'll save for a few more months before getting my 300G. ;)

Last edited:

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Nice fish!
What sorts of live foods do they eat? Are any of your other fish in that tank considered to be 'on their menu,' or are they all pretty safe? I'm guessing not a whole lot of feeding on live fish occurs until they get closer to full-adult size, is that true?

BV

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
All the fish that are in with them are ok. Even for when they get larger. As for fish, they don't eat much. They are not like the other eels that are more carnivorous. The fire eels are the least carnivorous of the fw eels, imo. Also, for adult size, it can take many years. I've had tetras in with my others, and they were just fine.

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
they look very cool! 42 inches is a HUGE fish :) will they be in the 300 gallon tank by themselves or have other tankmates? and what exactly do you feed them?