my koi changed colors!!

Jan 1, 2006
earth
i have this one koi and when we got him he was white with orange on his head and a little on his body.now his orange spots are like light pink,almost white.do u think the sun changed his color?or his aging?any ideas will be helpfull.

Jan 1, 2006
earth
i had him for close to a year now and his health condition is excellent i think.he lives outside in my pond which always used to be cloudy with alergy but he somehow survived.one day he was his normal color when a baby.then i hadn't seen him for awhile(alergy) then the next time i saw him he was huge and the orange was gone.the pond is out in the sun which causes more alergy.

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
They can change color as they mature, however they can also fade if they're not well. If the water parameters in your pond are good and he's swimming and eating normally, he may just be changing color. You may want to put some plants in or around your pond to provide it with some shade so the algae doesn't get as bad. Where are you located? My pond is under ice. The only reason I can see my pond fish is because they're in the basement. ;)