My Fish

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I really like the layout. The first few pictures look like a shaft of light coming into a pond. That's a big hunk of driftwood!

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
I really like the layout. The first few pictures look like a shaft of light coming into a pond. That's a big hunk of driftwood!
Glad you like it, yep that's the spotlight effect of the LEDs. i grouped them all in one spot to light w/e plant will be growing under them. so it's like a beam of light on the sword plant. the LEDs are towards the right side of the tank with the left side left relatively dark for my plecos to hang out. there are a few pleco caves under all that driftwood and my L260 live solely in that area. never go out to the right side lol. my BN plecos also stay around that big driftwood tower.

one of these days i have to fix the background on this tank. it's sloppy and i think i need a different color than black. maybe very dark green.

Last edited:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
i still have to figure out how to get a good background on this tank. right now it's a regular black laminated background and water often gets in between the background and the glass. I want a very dark green background - any ideas on how to make one or where to find one? I was thinking maybe get a big sheet of paper at a craft store then paint it the color i want, but then no idea how to laminate something that huge. plus it would probably cost a lot of money to make :( If only someone made very dark green backgrounds (but no, they have to make blue and black only).

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
The plexiglass mirrors come in sheets and are lighter than glass. Mine actual sit on the bottom frame and then two little pieces of tape on top have held them in place nicely. I have had not problems with fish being upset with them - I have bettas in both tanks and I have yet to see a betta flare. Occasionally a molly will seem curious for a day or two, but they soon ignore it entirely. It does make it a little difficult to count fish - like neons.