My Fish

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Hi, I've been around these forums since i think the very first time I seriously got into fish keeping. Just recently got back to this site. My fish are different than they used to be (if anyone remembers i was keeping a goldfish in a tropical planted tank lol)

Here are all of my current fish.
The main fish and boss of the tank:
DSCN4771.jpg

The random platy:
DSCN4770.jpg

My plecos getting hounded by snails:
RSCN4780.jpg

My fish that want proper schools (so they school with each-other):
RSCN4773.jpg

I just recently lost the albino on the right due to bloat :( but these are plecos i raised from fry:
RSCN4749.jpg

Random snail (looks to be assassin?) that i found one night in my tank:
RSCN4760.jpg

I don't have any good tank photos but i'll post one when i get a decent one.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
My angel is all black, i think it just has a little shine on the sides and flash makes those scales light up as different colors haha.

yes that's a pygmy gory that i raised from an egg. I used to have a group of 8 pygmy cories in this tank and sold them, but right before i shipped them they bred and i was able to save two eggs. one fry didn't make it but this guy grew very well :)

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
thanks! I have been raising her/him for a while. few years now. got it when it was just quarter sized. i got 4 black angels initially and this one is the only one to make it past the first months, the others mysteriously dropped off quick. must be my hard alkaline water, they don't like that. luckily this one has taken a liking to it.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
It's a very vertical tank so i thought an angel would be happy haha. its the same tank as in my profile picture. though that was way back when it was fully planted. now it just has amazon swords and the big pieces of driftwood.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Thanks FD. The sword plant was one of those Petsmart/co clear plastic tube purchases too. All the golden mystery snails came from a pair of MS's I had in the upstairs tank. They lay eggs up under the lighted hood on that tank often, but only that one clutch made it for what ever reason. The rest just harden up and don't do anything. Had a good 30-40 of them from that original batch and gave many away.

Sorry to hijack the thread!!

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Newman, I love it. It's an uncluttered, natural looking setup IMO.

Do you notice your fish making themselves scarce when you approach the tank with a camera? Most of mine do. Walk up to the tank w/out camera and they're all in your face!