my cichlids

Tiktok

Small Fish
Oct 10, 2008
Florida

as you can see, theres 4 in this picture, with the sucker fish if you look closely.

this guy is really sick, these pics are about a month old, I just took him to work (petsmart) the other day to get him treated. hopefully he makes it through.

The tank they're in, in case you were wondering about the size of the tank.. since they were all bunched up for a group-photo.

The last guy, he always hides in the right coral, on the bottom there's a little hole, its his home.

Sadly, he's the largest fish in the tank. at least a foot 3 inches..

Comments much appreciated.

Tiktok

Small Fish
Oct 10, 2008
Florida
Indeed, he is more than I wanted. I'm not sure if it's normal, but I see him eating the food I feed the cichlids.. probably cause the lack of algae due to his size, but me, not knowing much about fish, it might be normal.

another shot of the monster for ya..

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
Wow, huge pleco! TAL needs to come look at what he would have ended up with in his 3g...
LOL i know seriously...

Imagining THAT in my 10g even is hysterical, yet horrible.

One of THOSE with 2 Red Tails... $@%^!

I even went back to Petco last week to check out the pleco's...
They have "small", "medium" and "large"
You know I figured when I started out that a "small" would work great.
But on closer examination last week they're all the same.
Expected length= 12 inches.

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
I'm not sure if it's normal, but I see him eating the food I feed the cichlids.. probably cause the lack of algae due to his size, but me, not knowing much about fish, it might be normal.
A friend of mine had one that would come to the top at feeding time, flip over and grab the cichlid pellets. He said he could hear him crunching the food.

Tiktok

Small Fish
Oct 10, 2008
Florida
Yes this is my only fish tank. I do not breed them. Yes but I would not do anything to make my current fish uncomfortable, such as overpopulate the tank.

anyone know how to turn off the profanity filter? if theres a way; I could not find it.

Put it on my tab.