My Brackish tank finally finished.... I think Lol

3dhuck

New Fish
Dec 4, 2011
Texas
Okay guys and gals i started this project a while back and now I think I am finally finished. I built this tank for one green spotted puffer. I think I might have gone a little overboard but thats just my nature. This tank is brackish water and has a salinity of 1.013 and i plan on increasing the salinity 1.002 everytime i do a water change. Also here is my setup...

37 gallon marineland eclipse mirror back (which i remover the mirror a few days ago)
Top Fun 200 watt heater (30 to 45 gallon)
250 gph Bio wheel with chemi pure instead of filter cartridge
50 lbs of aragonite sand
Instant ocean salt (1 1/4 cup per 5 gallons)
20 gallon snail breeder tank
Fluval 305 canister filter (70 gallon size)

Inhabitants...

1 green spotted puffer AKA Blanket

Okay everyone here are the pictures...
DSCN0156.jpg DSCN0155.jpg DSCN0154.jpg DSCN0152.jpg DSCN0151.jpg

3dhuck

New Fish
Dec 4, 2011
Texas
Green Spotted Puffers are very aggressive fish so you cant really keep them with any other fish. Normally a puffer is going to nibble on everything to find out what tastes good in the tank including fish. I had 4 baby guppies in there that i could not catch and guess what no more guppie problem.

Also yes i did know about the snails. I have a 20 gallon snail breeder tank just for that purpose. His diet mostly consists of snails, frozen bloodworms (he will not eat freeze dried blood worms) , and seaweed. Normally the snails will not even hit the bottom of the tank before he has got them. Also i feed him every other day until my canister filter gets established.

3dhuck

New Fish
Dec 4, 2011
Texas
Also if you do not feed them snails or hard foods they teeth will keep growing and close their mouths. This will cause them to starve and die