My BI-COLOR ANGEL

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
MIne cost about 40 US, but was a good fish so I was pretty happy. He didn't do anything but pick at live rock for the first month, and took a while longer to start on flake.

Aus is pretty cheap, but it's not so hot if you live there and want to leave as your money is pretty much worth half what you think. Comparing prices with other countries is a pretty hopeless task, especially as I live in the worlds most expensive country.

What's the average wage in Aus?

****, i couldnt tell you. i know its around 78c to ur buck at the mo.
its good value if we go to a 3rd world county, lol live like kings.
and you could do well here.

with all my allowances i am on just under $AUS 51,000

why leave for holiday when its all here ( my theory)

lol anyways a dollar here is still a dollar. and my bicolor is still 20 bucks. lol

so for your $US40 i would be paying $AUS 51.15 **** 31 buck more. damn

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Mine was not too skinny when I got it. I QT'ed it with live rock, but smeared flake onto bits of lr to keep the nutrition up.

Economics cont. - I don't live in the US, and the average wage of Norway is approx twice that of AUS(, even though the AUS average is now over 50000 AUS $, it's really high here.) However I pay tax at top rate of 49%, and everything except housing and electricity is ludicrously expensive, i.e. I pay over 6 USD for a gallon of petrol so it balances buying power. So for me 40 USD for a fish is very approx the same as AUS 20D for you - it's the same as say 2 music CD's.
What it does mean is that when I visited Aus a couple of years ago, like anywhere else in the world ouside of NW Europe and Japan, it was really, really cheap, the same as if you visited Thailand for example.

Mar 8, 2005
Savannah
A yank? Are you refering to americans? lol b/c we down here in the south take offense to that. I was looking at going to Australia. So I'll have a good exchange rate going for me then hu? cool. BTW I really like the fish. Sigh....wish I had the tank for a nice saltwater.