My 75g Reef Tank

Lloyd

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2005

I built the cabinet under the tank myself and am currently letting the reefs settle in
What do you think?

I'll get some better pictures up later

Last edited:

Lloyd

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2005
Peterock said:
Looks good don't you need more LR. to build a few caves
That sounds like a good idea, might look pretty cool

Sorry to have been brief on the specification.
5ft arcadia luminaire
30 gallon caulerpa sump
red sea prinz skimmer
eheim external filter
2 power heads
£250 of Live Rock (Yes I need more funds, but limited currently)

5 Red Leg Hermits
10 Turbo Snails
2 SandSifting Star Fish
2 Cleaner Shrimp
1 fire Shrimp

1 Copper Band
1 Regal Tang
1 Flame Angel
1 Maroon Clown

2 Polyps
2 Anemones (1 Malu)
3 Leather Corals
2 Xenia
1 Acropora (Not Very happy)

I do one 5 gallon water change per week using kent sea salt and easy life conditioner (im trying to avoid using RO water)

water currently very good, no nitrates, phosphate less than 0.1, specific gravity 1.023, calcium 560, pH 8.3 and the temperature is at 37'C (rather warm but I don't have a cooler)

phew...

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
tank looks good. I think some higher rock piles would be cool (just personal prefernece) and rock is expensive. Your corals look awsome. Id suggest maybe adding alittle more cleaners for a tank of that size. Its looking reall good, cant wait for you to share some of your knowledge in the salt section now that your here

O yea what kinda of lighting do you have, looks like PC, like a coralife maybe? How many watts is it?

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
looks great to me. i agree that the top of the tank looks a little empty and if you had all the money in the world i'd suggest making the rock piles a little taller, but live rock is expensive and think it looks pretty good now anyway.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Looking good. I like how you made 2 separate rock piles, it looks like a canyon between 2 reefs.

Where is the acro? It might not be to happy if its close to your soft corals and they could be hiting it with chemicals maybe.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Small Fish
Sep 5, 2005
thanks for all your comments, I'm pretty new to all this, only set up the tank in May.
Re the acropora - I may be wrong but I'd identified the yellow coral in pic 1 as that type. Actually he's not very happy, I take note of your comments re the proximity of the other soft corals - soon after introduction some of the branches became discolored and have remained so - perhaps my light is not powerful enough - I have 2 x 420 48 inch marine blue actinics and 2 x 14000k marine whites.

Yes the fish in the anemone is a maroon clownfish - they're both very happy together - I thought I might add another - do you think they would quarrel since they were not added together?

More live rock will be added in time as per your suggestions and also a few more cleaners

By the way, my copperband has been in the tank for about a month - he picks at the rocks but has never eaten any food? weird but he seems ok.