My 55gal

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
So, I fed last night and all of a sudden fish that I normally only catch the barest glimpses of were out and feeding and active. It was amazing! So, I literally RAN into my bedroom, grabbed my camera and started snapping photos. Some of them were rather awesome, especially some of the ghost shrimp pics. So, here goes...
Alistair, my almost 4" featherfin catfish:

A semi-FTS:

Feeding frenzy! (That's Alistair "stalking" the albino cory in the middle of the pic from under the shade of the swords)

My male BN pleco, Percy...he was all sorts of territorial with Alistair, the featherfin:

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Love this shot too! This is one of the ghost shrimp...he's very much saying "MINE!"

Vladmir, my smallest albino cory...he had no tail when I got him from Petco:

The smaller of the two peppered cories (doesn't have a name yet...taking suggestions!) being "stalked" by one of the ghost shrimp

More ghost shrimp (I only have two, but since they're survived pretty well, I think I'm going to get more)

"Nom nom! MINE!"

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I absolutely LOVE this shot of Caius!

Two of the four peppered cories that are being moved from the 29gal to the 55gal...they just don't show up very well on the black sand in the 55gal...I want to replace them with orange laser cories in the 29gal, but we'll see...The bigger one (lighter color) is named Jaws because he liked to harass my tiger barbs when he was in the 29gal...

My harlequin rasbora and my male sword (forgive the water marks...forgot the flash was on!)

The harlies and Caius (he wanted to be the center of attention, not the little things!)

Caius: "I'm prettier than they are...look at meeeeeee!"

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
I like how angels always have a look of surprised urgency on their faces. Nice look tank too. That cory without the tail is too cool, I have a thing for mangled animals that are living unaffected lives, like three legged dogs and one eyed cats. What's the reason you named him Vladimir?

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
He has actually since grown his tail back (the cory has, I mean). He was in a tank with tinfoil barbs and they had just decimated his tail, poor little guy. He is named Vladmir because he is a snob and doesn't want to associate with anyone else in the tank, not even the other albino cories (I got Vladmir first, though). All my main fish are named for either Twilight characters or Percy Jackson characters. Vladmir happens to be a vampire in Twilight who, along with his brother Stefan, thinks he's above the other vampires because he's MUCH older (close to 1200 years old, if I remember correctly).

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Thanks, guys!

I've never seen Percy (the pleco) out like that before, and I've certainly never seen him flare at Alistair like that! They usually pal around together on the driftwood.

Alistair says "Thank you, Val!" ;)

Mercedes, Caius thought I was going to feed him while I was taking pics of the cories. He's such an attention hog! He's as bad as the bettas!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Hehe! Thanks, Jamie! I just have to say, though...Caius is my only fish that will "model" for me. :p Most of the others either are terrified of the camera and dart away when they see it, or if I snap pics at feeding time (like those first series of shots), they just plain don't care about the camera 'cuz they're too busy eating. lol

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Okay, an updated FTS. I added four sword plants from other tanks (two from the 29gal and two from the 20gL) as well as two argentine swords, two of the larger dwarf sag plants and an anubias from the 29gal (that I had completely forgotten was in there until I moved and re-'scaped the tank yesterday). The sword that is behind the big rock on the left came out of the 20gL. I can't believe how MASSIVE it is already and I only put it in the 20gL maybe two months ago! I also added two bunches (about six stems) of red temple plant and one bunch (about three stems) of ludwigia repens.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Thanks, Jaime! Hopefully this week I'll set up the DIY CO2 on the tank (I've got all the parts, just need to put it together) and get some ferts. I need root tabs for the swords and anubias, and regular liquid ferts for the stem plants. Hopefully after the addition of both of those (which are needed since I'm running 106W of T5HO light on the tank!), I'll get some massive growth. :)

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Ummmmmmmmm...I think there's something like 37? Here's the complete stocking list as of today (note: the dwarf gourami and platy are going to the LFS very soon).

1x angelfish
1x male German blue ram
1x female hi-fin platy
1x male flame dwarf gourami
1x featherfin catfish
1x male bristlenose pleco
2x female bettas
4x albino cories
3x peppered cories
10x harlequin rasbora
10x black neon tetras
2x otocinclus catfish