My 42G (UK) New

Dan Steveo

Large Fish
Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
Hi all, this is my biggest ever tank and i plan on looking after it... The current stocking is in my sig, I've had it just over 4 weeks now i think...

Seems cycled, i gradually added the fish and took precautions...

The substrate is specifically for plants and looks very nice, natural looking too...
And below that is an even finer substrate...

It has a Fluval 205 and some night lighting that i will post pics of soon.

So here goes... (there are more plants to be added)

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
cant complain about a scape like that :D
looks great, but see if you can get another filter for it, a single 205 isnt enough for even 40 US gals. i forget whether UK is more or less than a US gallon?

Dan Steveo

Large Fish
Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
Both are good, I made some silicone/slate caves last time and they were really good, but i couldnt with the slate this time, i have interlocking sturdy supports etc... the pleco#s love it, the front has a piece covering the top left of the slate shelf/cave, there's a lot of different layers with nooks and crannies... the plec's love it... and so do i =] and what's best, if i move around i can get to almost all angles of the shelves so i can see if a plec is in there... (i try and make sure i can somehow tell where my fish are in case i think something's wrong)

a habit i guess.

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
Tank looks great!!! your L128 is going to love that set up, my phantoms both like to hide out in the slate about mid tank, if you have the slate and the patience you could even stack higher :)

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
Ooooo I like the starrys I like em a lot. Did you see the post I sent you about the L128? about what size to buy at and things to consider after he gets to the pet store? If not I will re-post :)

Tank looks great I really like it.

I also posted photos of my green and blue phantoms on some random thread where you said you had one on order :)