My 29 Gallon Tank

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Someone who is new to the forum asked to see my tank. Here it is! It's been set up for almost a year now, so I decided to do a progression of how it has changed since last August. I'm still working on it. As you can see, the water wisteria needs to fill out. I have clippings anchored to rocks at the moment, so they can grow roots. I also want more rocks but the pet store I usually go to is upgrading to a larger building and I haven't been able to shop there. I just want all the newbies to see that so much can happen in a year and that you shouldn't give up with having a nice looking tank. I still have room for improvement and any suggestions would be wonderful.

Attachments

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
I wouldn't mind a mix. Our LFS has everything from slate to petrified wood to lava rock, so I might mix it up a bit. The rocks around my house aren't very interesting, and most are the size of boulders anyway! I just have a tricky time rearranging the rocks. I don't like how it is now, but I'm afraid if I stack them, I'll crack the tank bottom.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
nice progression. I too have a similar process with my 40 gallon planted. so much change, so many memories :D
our tanks are about the same age in terms of mine being converted to planted.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
You all give me some great idea, but anytime I have done my tank it never looks that awesome. Can you come over my house!? I'm planning the first redo in quite some time and I want it to look nice.