my 15g high

geoff

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
I just finished setting up this tank. All the plants except the sunset hygro were just planted. What do you think?

Equipment:
15 lbs flourite
5 lbs gravel
Eheim Ecco 2231
Ebo Jager 75w heater
Hagen Natural Plant Gro CO2
Custom hood w/ 36w ahsupply diy kit

Plants:
Sunset Hygro
Money Wart
Golden Baby Tears
Glosso

As far as fish go, so far there are only a male and a female cherry barb in there so far. More on the way soon. :)

Attachments

Kurty

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
looks nice great size I have 2-15H tanks the cherry barbs will love the plants I think gold barbs are great tank mates with cherrys about 6 each enjoy and good luck

geoff

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
Thanks for the comments. The cherry barbs are much less shy now and are coming out of the plants. So here's another pic.

Two questions I have though

1. Is it normal for the male to constantly chase the female?
2. Would a single angel fish do well in this tank?

Attachments

Last edited:

treewhale

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
It looks a bit sparse right now, but once it grows in a bit it should be great. As for an angel, (and I have little experience with them, but I've been looking into getting some) The height should be fine, but it seems like there must might not be enough room for them in the long run. They do get reasonably big eventually.

geoff

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2002
Portland, OR
Visit site
Thanks Sinaster. Yes, a background is on the list of things to get.

I'm really happy with the hagen kit. It really is just the same as diy, but it looks a lot better. Plus the bubble ladder that comes with it is pretty effective. All of the plants in this tank pearl like crazy.

Cyberfish

Large Fish
Feb 20, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend an angel to your tank either. I've kept them before and they grow large and very fast. And you have to worry about agression towards small fish, especially in a small tank.

Last edited:

Wormo3188

Large Fish
Apr 6, 2003
New York
Visit site
I found that one male and 3 female cherry barbs make a great combonation

I had bought 3 juvenile barbs, (they haddent shown their colors yet) and ended up with 3 females, so I went out and bough a male, he doesnt chase the females around all the time, he is sort of an outcast, but he will still chase the females around (not constantly)

You may want to get a few more females as to distribute the male among the females instead of stressing out one poor fish.

Kurty

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
YES TANK LOOKS NICE! needs a black back ground. NO TO THE ANGEL FISH! too agressive gets big. WHY NOT MORE MALE CHERRYS ? brite red lots of fresh water color :D happy tankin'