MORPHS

i got these today- ( I belive you may call them elephant ears)

hows this, their 6 bucks each or get a colony for 2 bucks each,( cos there a pain in the arse ( *** )to remove.

they only count the med-lge ones and smalls arent counted.

i ended up with 30 + morphs for $20.oo.

i think i got ripped off.

there are 3 types in all, mixed on 3 different branchs of coral.

check it out!

Attachments

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i would say you did damn good...those are what we call mushrooms (actinodiscus/discosoma)...they generally sell for about $5 a head here

elephant ears in this land are large, fish eating 'shrooms of the genus Rhodactis...considerably more pricey...maybe $35-45 a head

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i like my buns like i like my women, and ill leave it at that...now ive got two things other than fish on my mind...curses

but seriously, when those shrooms start spreading i want to see some new pics for growth comparison :)

what kind of light you got?

lol @curses

sure thing,

at reef HQ ( posted link i added ) they have a tank its about,

8-9 ft tall, 7 foot in lenth, and 3-4 ft in depth.

it has that fake rock ( polystyrine coated in cement, which has color added and they run a mould over it, looks so real)
( i have been looking how to get this or do it, when i do i will post it )

now the whole back wall is this rock wall , ledges and little cave etc etc .

now this whole wall is coated with these morphs (shrooms) it looks unreal, the wife said, neil you are not getting one of those, NO!

oh and there are 2 morays in there too, thats it morphs and eels, i will get a pic of this too because i want you to see it, its awesome ( well i think so, )

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
usually if you just set them next to a piece of rock rubble they will attach...alternatively you can use wedding veil material and wrap it around the mushroom (or morph) and the rock, after a couple weeks it should attach for sure