Metro Doesn't Work! PLEASE HELP!!

Gooose

Small Fish
Feb 5, 2007
HI everyone, i would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. About two weeks ago i realized one of my discus was really sick, and when i saw white poop(long and stringy) coming out, and a hole in the head, i decided to quarentine him. i treated him with metronidazole for about a week every 8 hours and unfortunately i have seen no improvement. he still doesnt eat and isnt looking any better. is there anything last resort measure i can do to save him, i really would hate to lose him considering he is, or was, my most beautiful fish. thank you so much for any help and hopefully we can save this guy. ANY suggestions would be appreciated(even crazy ones), thanks:(

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
I still believe this is a fish subjected to considerable bullying rather than a disease. I also am assuming the fish has been in a tank by itself for the last few weeks? It should be.
Jack up the temps to 84, 85, and do lots of water changes. Try feeding small amounts numerous times during the day. These are the optimum conditions for raising young fish, but frankly, if it hasn't fed for a few weeks I'd assume it to be a goner.