Marble Goby

Serpio

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Malaysia
Does anyone here has any personal experience with the Marble Goby?
I'm not even sure if I'm in the correct forum, but since it's kind of an ambush predatory fish, I'll post this here.
I've tried searching for it on the internet, but there is not much info around.
Would appreciate if anyone can help me.
Thanks!

Fruitbat

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2004
Garland, TX
Visit site
The Marbled Goby (Oxyeleotris marmorata) is one of the largest gobies on earth, reaching lengths of up to 65 cm (25 inches). They are Asian in origin and are generally considered to be brackish water fish (though they can be kept in straight fresh water). They inhabit water with pH from 6.5 - 7.5 or so, though they are quite adaptable.

The Marbled Gobies that I've kept in the past have been ravenous predators, easily capable of engulfing fish a third of their own size or larger. I've been successful keeping them on meaty frozen foods, though an ample supply of well-quarantined feeder fish is also helpful. They are not particularly active and often will not tolerate another Marbled Goby in the tank. Fights do occur and fatalities are not unheard of. In my experience they are not particularly aggressive except to others of their own species but tank-mates must be chosen carefully.

Hope this helps.