Making A DIY C02 Unit and C02 Mixture Article

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Yes after the Mix can be flamable. Dose any one know why???? Here is the Reason it also explains why teh mixture dies off after 2 weeks.

Yeast is living, As it live its life it porduces 2 things 1. CO2 and, 2. Flamable liquid that will remain un-named. When you make the mixture you add water, A place for the yeast to live and Sugar Food for the yeast. As a result the yeast eats the sugar giving off CO2 and Flamable liquid that will remain un-named. The CO2 we add to our planted tanks and is use that way. The Flamable liquid that will remain un-named is not removed from the mixture till we dump it out. Because Flamable liquid that will remain un-named is a waste product of the yeast. The yeast will create a 12% or 24 Proof Flamable liquid that will remain un-named solutition, then die. The reason being it is drowning in its own bodily waste. Sound really sick when you think about it. And That is the reason why the mixture is flamable and dies off after 2 weeks or so.

Remember that all Flamable liquid that will remain un-named is made with Yeast. Remember you are drinking Yeast Poo

MAHA

Edited so Teens dont accidently set their room/House on fire.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
Ok i just built mine... definately need check valve my tank has started pouring water into the bottle. I hope it stopped for good now. I am going to store to get check valve so i can avoid this problem as i am out of towels to dry things up with...lol

maybe we found another reason to do a DIY CO2 system...lol guess the kids should be supervised around it huh....lol. Did not know that maha good info.

yea... i knew about the "flamable liquid" thing... thats why its flamable. but i didnt want to point out that it was (flamable liquid named here). thanks maha, now all the teens that visit MFT will know how to make "a certain flamable liquid.

EDIT: i edited this so someone isnt stupid like me and try to do this, and light their house on fire.

Last edited:

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Good time to say this.

I am not responsible for any dumb act of and act that may be considered dumb from people trying to make their own Flamable liquid that will remain un-named with a DIY CO2 System. Use at YOUR own risk.

I really wouldnt try to drink this stuff any way.

I want to know more about the setting the Floor on fine thing YFK, It sounds interesting.

MAHA

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
Ok i still don't have any bubbles in my co2 setup yet. It has been three plus hours. Mixture is cloudy brown/grey color. Seal is good from what i can tell it don't leak liquids. The yeast i used is:

red star active dry yeast. It says to refrigerate or freeze after opening. It is stored in fridge so will i need to warm to room temp before mixing?

Water was warm to the touch but not hot, just when you can feel warmth when going from cold to warm.

Feb 25, 2004
Florence, AL
Visit site
Setting our room on fire is fun, isnt it Jenness? You freaked me out when you did that, I seriously didnt know what you were doing haha...

Grumpy, I've had mixtures that took anywhere from 30 minutes to 6 hours to start, I guess it just depends on the yeast and when they decide they want to start fermenting.

GIS Guy

Superstar Fish
Feb 18, 2004
East-Central Illinois
Visit site
Well this morning I attempted my first try at DIY CO2.
I followed the instructions in this thread and have to say "Thank You".
They were well laid out and easy to follow.

I have a ceramic air diffuser to start out with.
If I continue with DIY I'll have to build a better diffuser/reactor.

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
ok my mixture died sometime over the week. i no longer hear bubbles so my 2 cup sugar 1/2 tsp yeast only lasted about 2 weeks. But that is good i guess... will be making new one today with little more yeast as my co2 levels were low. maybe add a little more yeast to get it going, will check results tomorrow before vacation starts.

GIS Guy

Superstar Fish
Feb 18, 2004
East-Central Illinois
Visit site
I am going to implement a two bottle method, I think.
This means there will be 2 bottles running.
The catch is that they are going to overlap the 2 week period.
Every week 1 of the bottles will be rejuvinated and therefore there will not be any interruption in CO2 supply.

Is this a worthwhile method?

GIS Guy

Superstar Fish
Feb 18, 2004
East-Central Illinois
Visit site
Today I just purchased:

...Aquaclear Powerhead 20 (formerly 201)
...Aquaclear Quickfilter Attachment
...Coralife Limewood 2" Air Diffuser
...Phosphate Test Kit

from Big Als Online.

I am going to run the CO2 line into the quickfilter attachment for the powerhead to dissolve.
Borrowed this idea from post by LWB =
(http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/410639-post22.html)