losing my guppies

sinasster

Large Fish
Nov 21, 2002
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Visit site
Over the past 3 days I have lost 7 male guppies. Their tails seem to be disintagrating away then they quickly die. I have also just lost my male betta.

Im thinking that whatever it is, it is being spread through contact and is not transmitted in the water. I have 1 male guppy left and both of my females... There is also a 5 week old female fry. who seems to be the healthiest in the tank. there is also an oto and some ghost shrimp in there. but they also seem unaffected. but they go from healthy to dead in just hours. so who knows.

I've read about diseases but this is not your typical fin rot. and I am left with no clue.. please help!!!!

BTW I am on day 3 of the melafix treatment, with no sign of improvement.

sinasster

Large Fish
Nov 21, 2002
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Visit site
Its a 10 gallon tank. the water quality is all perfect for a cycled tank. and the exact fish count was as stated above with 6 ghost shrimp.

The death toll has ended at 9 guppies. and magically the last victim was a pregnant mother who gave birth to 9 fry before she perished.

the remaining fish are doing ok and I beleive the disease has been eradicated from the tank.

so now im just going to hope for the best with the new fry.