Looking 4 my Queen

ryuken168

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Big Apple, NY
I have a hard time find a Queen Arabesque L260 Pleco and SAE Siamese Algae Eater (Crossocheilus siamensis) around the NYC area. If any of you spot any please let me know.
Thanks Ken

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Yeah, exotic plecos are hard to find.  I've been searching all over for a zebra, but even the one place that is usually great with their pleco selection (mangos, gold nugget, vampire, etc) don't get 'em in. I would ask at every store you enter what their special order policy is. Sometimes if you make a small down payment, a shop might hit their wholesaler up for the fish. Sometimes shops won't get exotic fish because they are so expensive and very hard to off-load.

SAE should be easier to find. Sometimes they do get mixed in with orders of Flying Foxes or CAEs. Learn the identifications and then truely scrutinize the fish. You should be able to find at least one or two around.
~~Colesea

ryuken168

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Big Apple, NY
They have a tank full of Zebra plecos in my LFS. The shop is Fishtown,USA 196-33 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11358 (718)539-5396. As I remember the price is around $30.
It's the same shop that had a Queen Arabesque mixed in w/ King Tiger Plecos at one time. But the pleco had fungus on it's body so I passed. I've seen SAE once in the city, but not for sale in the display tank. I guess I'll keep looking.

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Hmm...I don't get out to Flushing as often as I should then. The farthest shop west I've been to is in Massapequa. And of course that warehouse shop. I couldn't see what all the hype was over the place, I wasn't impressed.

Flushing, hmm...I really ought to get out that way now.
~~Colesea