longarm prawn?

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hello,

i went to petco today to get my dogs some food. i went to look at the tanks and all was usual for petco exept they were selling prawns! they were so cool looking a dark brown with medium sized claws. they were $14. is this a good price?

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I bought a long arm prawn (also from Petco) and put him in with my Betta a while ago and I had to take the prawn back because he killed my Betta. Be careful what you put them with. I also paid $14 for it.

Jan 19, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
I don't know what has posessed Petco to start selling prawns in AZ (I've also seen them at the Mesa/Chandler stores)...my favorite setup had to be the 8 longarm prawns in with the guppies. Sometimes I wonder what those Petco employees are smoking...

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
The problem with most employees at Petcos is that the Managers get so frantic and antsy and they hire anyone who says they know about fish. If you have had a fish tank at one time then most managers think that you know what you are doing. I know, I work there. My manager put me in fish after I told him that I had some knowledge. He didnt test me or even see if I knew anything. :rolleyes: