Live plants for goldfish tank

Aug 7, 2011
Wisconsin
Are there any suggestions for live plants in a 30 gallon goldfish tank? I currently have some Brazilian Sword plants, but I'd like to have something taller to cover the upper part of the tank. Currently I have silk anubias plants, and they're helping, but I would much prefer live plants. I have also resorted to things like spinach as treats to keep them (only 2 goldfish) from eating the live plants. Any suggestions?

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I have a lot of plants in my goldfish tank. Mainly I have a LOT of Aponogetons that I bought as bulbs from Walmart. They grew a foot in two weeks and once the leaves get so long, even though they're rooted plants, the leaves float beautifully on the top and my goldfish don't seem to bother them. I have not yet noticed them eating the plants, because they don't like the broad leaves. The colors are very beautiful and vibrant and I would strongly recommend these plants.

Aug 7, 2011
Wisconsin
Thank you. I have been told that it's almost impossible to put live plants in with goldfish because they seem to eat just about every plant that's put into the tank. I'll try looking at some of the places that I've got around town. Again, thank you.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
You're welcome!! Yeah, my goldfish kept eating my Java Moss and even my Amazon Sword!! But they don't seem to bother the Aponogetons. Also, in my experience, my goldfish like to eat the algae off of my Terra Cotta pots that i set upright in the tank. They seem to like to swim down into the pot and just lay there, haha!!