Liquid Vitamins

Bombay

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I recently purchased DICK BOYD'S VITA-CHEM (liquid vitamins).  The directions say to "add 2 drops per gallon once a week and several drops in food five times a week."
Does anyone use a vitamin supplement such as this?  
Does it work?
What is the drawback or possible negative side effects?
Will this add too much nourishment to the water and cause a terrible algae or bacteria outbreak?Will this be neutralized by the carbon in my filters?
Will it benefit my tank of tetras, loaches, gouramis, oto cats, and plecos?
Bombay

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
My cousin uses these liquid vitamins and she says they're great and really help bring out her fishes colors and health. I don't think there are any drawbacks, as for algea and bacteria they shouldn't be a problem. I don't know about the carbon but it will probably definitely help your fish.

ryap13 ;)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I dont use Vitamins anymore. "I" feel its a waste of money. My fish are as nice, if not better looking than any book I have seen them in.

Carbon is the biggest waste of money. I stopped using carbon a year ago. It wont really do much after the 1st 5 days, except allow some bacteria to grow on it. I only use carbon for getting medication out of the water. My water is just as clear as it was with using carbon.