Leopard Danios hiding

Jun 8, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this.. :-S I have several Danios and several Loaches. The loaches have always done this but the Danios have started doing it too - I have a Fluval U3 filter and both managed to get behind it and nibble at the algae. Not really bothered about the Loaches as they seem happy enough sitting there all day but one of the danios has started doing it too. Should I be worried? Is this normal?! I looked last night and his scales looked a little pink, like he'd squeezed himself into the gap and scratched the scales off. I have plenty of plants and cover so I don't think he's trying to hide from the light / space. Help please!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Can you tell us a little more about your tank? Sometimes when fish aren't feeling well they'll squeeze into smaller spaces for some reason. How big of a tank, how long has it been set up, how many fish are in it and how long have you had them. If you know what your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels are that would be great too. What do you keep the temperature at? Are your danios eating well?