Led Light

Sep 1, 2013
Hi I am first time tropical fish owner. I am looking into get a little standard "blue" led light (18 cm 18 leds) for my tank which is height 38.5cm, length 50cm approx 65L and I will not be having live plants in there and for now will have guppys. Will this be enough to have my fish glow nicely and keep the tank bright enough without being too bright. or will it be too smalll. Thank you in advance for your help *twirlysmi

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Depends on the type of LEDs and the quality of the fixture, but I bet it will give off a good amount of light. I know I tried an eBay cheapy little flexible LED strip, along with the marineland LED hood on my 10g. Lots of light and it looked great.

I couldn't grow plants with it, so it's currently sitting on a shelf and was replaced with a glass versa-top and an incandescent strip light fitted with CFLs suited for plants.

Sep 1, 2013
Depends on the type of LEDs and the quality of the fixture, but I bet it will give off a good amount of light. I know I tried an eBay cheapy little flexible LED strip, along with the marineland LED hood on my 10g. Lots of light and it looked great.

I couldn't grow plants with it, so it's currently sitting on a shelf and was replaced with a glass versa-top and an incandescent strip light fitted with CFLs suited for plants.
Thank you :)