Lawsuit

aidanchick

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Umm, I'm confused, what lawsuit?

*doh, I guess I should read them first huh?*

ugh, this is shitty.. stupid company why sue someone over what someone said on the internet. I guess that means I can sue just about anyone I who I run into on the Internet, and what they say about my websites now huh?

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
It sucks that they decided to settle, but I guess they didn't have much other choice. My experiences with Bob Novak have not been very pleasant (I used to mod at his board), and while I can't comment on his business practices since I've never ordered anything from PsW, I can say that he's been very nasty to me. Please support the defense fund any way you can.

Obviously my comments are my own and have nothing to do with myfishtank.net, blah, blah, blah.

Josh

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
If you guys had a chance to read the msnbc articles and the stuff at slashdot.org, you'll understand why the defense fund has had more donations in the last week than anytime (apparently).

Too bad it's a little late - it would have been nice of the press to release this story 6 months ago.

Take a look at my new avatar (pic).   :D

Oct 22, 2002
Silver Spring, MD
i heard about this sometime ago i still can't beleive that guy sued ppl on the net correct  me if i'm wrong but isn't peoples comments on the internet is a figure of free speech?
just like if i went out and told ppl that this store sucks and blah blah... what are they going to do sue me? i've never had experienced ************'s service so i don't know how they are, but i've heard good and bad things about them
i think the guy just wants to get money b/c he'snot making enough to run whatever he's running. these days people can't say anything about something without getting sued it's ridiculous i can't beleive it's still going on, the constitution should say people have a right to free speech but as long as it's in positive manner i'm probally not the first to say all that free speech stuff but ihate itwhen ppls rights are taken away bc of what he/she said i wonder will i get sued for stating my own opinion now :p

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
I think we will be fine as long as we don't mention the company name or the individual who is actually suing.

This lawsuit will definately define "free speech" on the Internet.

I think the best place to discuss the lawsuit is at the defense fund website.  That way we don't implicate any more people, or any more message boards (this one).

The only reason why I started this thread is to bring attention to the fact.  The more people who know about this, the better off free speech and the internet communities in general will be.

Oct 22, 2002
Silver Spring, MD
ur right i don't wanna put this site into any trouble this is the first site i've ever found that really helps me with things andican share my expirience... one more thing i would like to say since i've been helping running my parents store, from my expierience to make a sucessful business ut gotta make the customer happy with ur service in turn word will spread about ur store and have the customer come back for more... this is common rule for runninga business to my knowledge. i mean if all those big pet store chains treatedtheir customers bad and not give helpful information i'm sure they wouldn't do good
well my point is a happy customer is a paying customer 8)

Oct 22, 2002
Hi. Just wanted to let peeps know, because I have a feeling there are more like me...

Before the lawsuit, I had no opinion about Mr. Novak's business - hadn'theard of it. Now, I can safely say that I will never order from his business. If anyone asks me, I recommend a business I am familiar and satisfied with. This was a statement of fact, not a biased opinion (Hi Robert! *waves*)

-BB

Oct 22, 2002
Silver Spring, MD
i feel ya backdraft this kind of publicity is bad, a guy sueing a bunch of ppl just cause they had negative feedback and it's ruining them and others affected, i'm not gonna tell the guy how to run his business but as being once a business major bad publicity like the lawsuit's just gonna hurt more in the long run, and anyone thats taken a economics class will know what i'm tlking about i should know i've taken it three times lol

what i think is this is just another way to censor ppls opinion
i'd be richer than Micheal Jordan and Bill Gates if i sued everyone who had bad things to say aboutme *crazysmiley*