Latest Batch of Guppies

This is the third batch of my guppies that I have bred. It's really fascinating to see the similarities across them. The first photo(s) is pretty similar to the dad who was a blue/grey galaxy guppy, he recently died though.

This photo is similar to the dad's spotted pattern, just the fin isn't long and frilly enough

This photo is identical to another guppy I have, but his tail was shred by a tetra when they were temporarily in another tank.

This photo is identical to yet another guppy I have.

So these are all of his offspring, can't wait to see what they look like once they're done growing. I also have some new fry, which are actually the dad's last batch before he died, so I will post photos in a few months when they're older.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Yours are so purdy!
how many gups do you have (& how big of a tank..)? I'm trying to figure out how many I can have in my 10. Currently there's 3 females and a 3/4incher. My male guppler died without any pregnancies of the newer females but after he died I noticed my sunset looked pree pregger! She looks ready to blow, so I'm hoping for some cool fry.
*makes mental note to pick up a new male*
how old are they? mine grow slooowly.

Aw, thanks! I probably have 10 in the tank (ten gallon) -- which is probably too many. I also have those males photo'ed in a different glass bowl, I'm going through the sorting process of who is being kept and who isn't for when I can take some to the LFS. So at the moment it's cramped and too many fish in too many random glass containers.

But usually it's about 1-2 males and like 5 females and I keep large females about 2-3" FAR larger than the males because I've noticed the males have more trouble impregnating the larger females and the larger females won't put up with much. But once I finally have the males I want if I choose to not give them all to the LFS eventually it will just be about 6-8 males in my 10 gallon and I'll probably set up a smaller tank for my favorite two females.

It takes FOREVER haha for them to grow, I've been waiting months and recently have some of the new fry. It takes probably 3-5 months for them to be how they are in the photo..quite some time.

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
the 3/4 has been growing for................ 9 months. (HOLY! THAT LONG?!)
this brood I'm definetly trying all those grow-fast tips (water changes, lots of good food, higher temp.) because I've heard of people's gups growing up in like 2mo!

Jan 22, 2011
Thank you! I probably have 10 tank (ten gallons) - It may be too much. I also have those men photoed in different glass bowl, I sort through the process who were left, who is not because when I can take some of the LFS.