Kind of an odd question

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Right, so I finally got around to mucking out the 45gal yesterday. Four hours later, we have a nice, clean tank with happy fish in it. *BOUNCINGS Now comes the problem. I went to feed the girls last night and realized that a couple of the decorations had been misplaced when I refilled the tank. I need to fix them and re-route the airline for the bubbler I put in, but here's the thing...I have VERY friendly female bettas. If anyone even just walks by my tank, they are right up there at the front saying "HI!" :cool: The last time I tried to adjust any decorations in the tank, I was bitten/nibbled on the whole time. :eek: It didn't exactly hurt, but it was rather annoying. So, short of extracting the girls from the tank (not a difficult process since they pretty much swim into the net on their own :p, but I'd just rather not have to do that because it's a major PITA), how can I go about adjusting stuff in my tank without getting the crap nibbled out of my arm?

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
True. I usually take them out when I do water changes 'cuz they like to try to swim up the siphon tube. I'm totally serious. I have the weirdest fish EVER! LOL

Just saw in your tag that your GF is thinking about putting goldfish into the 10gal you gave her? I wouldn't recommend that. Goldfish are extremely dirty fish (produce a TON of waste) and generally need 20gal *per fish* to be healthy and happy and live more than a few weeks or months. Plus they need tons of filtration, even if they're in the bigger tank.

Julez

Medium Fish
Nov 17, 2009
Pensylvania...
As far as biting and nibbeling go, we have the same problem with our tiger oscar.. he is an big meanie!! He has jumped out of the tank to bite me... we hold him in the net to rearrange the plants....*SUPERSMIL

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I was trying to fix the decorations last night when I had some friends over and they were laughing at me because one of the girls in particular was trying to "attack" me. They're more curious than mean (especially since I have a lot of moles on my arms, which can be mistaken for food pellets). It's mainly my five bigger girls that I have the issues with. The other four are content to either hide or keep their distance. But, the bigger ones are like "Hiiii! Whatcha doin'? Can we help?" :p

Apr 14, 2008
I watched Twilight and my friends loved it, but it wasn't for me. I have to say though, I really like "The Vampire Diaries"...the new TV show. IDK why as I'm not usually interested in those kinds of shows, but I can't wait for the new episodes each week to air!

I think it's cool you have so many bettas! I've been trying HARD to stop buying soooooo many, but it is hard to resist their cuteness! LOL

When I pulled 5 crypt runners, I got bit by the grrrl in my avatar, and WOW that hurt! Lets just say I'll stay away from the crypt side now! LOL

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
My newest boy was a complete impusle buy. He's a cute little steel blue fella with TONS of attitude. My newest girl was bought to replace my crimson female that died about a week ago. I did buy one other female that was another kind of impulse buy, but she was so TINY and a really pretty light turquoise (I have a dark turquoise female who is much older) that I couldn't resist. Other than those three, it's been almost six months since I bought one. :-O I made a tag kind of like yours that listed out my tanks and what is in them, but for some reason it hasn't shown up when I've posted.