Kenny's Tanks version 2.0

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
You have a cat in your tank!

Now that I got that out of the way, I really like your firefish.

Apr 14, 2008
hehe...yeah...if I'm not mistaken; Oreo[black & white] & Shadow[completely black] were also on my bed and there woulda been 3 cats but they suddenly took off when they seen the camera...

And most people do like the firefish! He's quite the character!

Apr 14, 2008
ok...much needed update:

55gal:
2x Swordtails
6x Platies
1x Albino B/N Pleco
Malaysian Trumpet Snails

It's extremely understocked in my honest opinion, but it's easier to care for this way and it'll stay mostly like this until I get the 125gal...

20gL:
1x Clownfish
1x Firefish
1x Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab
2x Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
2x Astrea Snails
2x Nassarius Snails
15+ Dwarf Cerith Snails[and finding more babies all the time]
Feather dusters, bristleworms, etc.

10gal:
1x Male CT Betta
3x Platy fry in cup[maybe 1 or 2 in the tank]
3x Albino/Bronze Cory juvies in the tank
1x Red Cherry Shrimp[maybe]
Malaysian Trumpet Snails
**needs new light bulbs & a few otos...lol

Apr 14, 2008
Well the 55gal is unchanged besides stocking levels[cuz the livebearers have been dropping like flies] and growth...

Oh and one of the new bettas I've bought went into there:

The 10gal is much neater/less algae consumed:

And this guy took my 5.5gal:

I highly doubt he's gonna stay in there once I get the 15gal...

Apr 14, 2008
Plants are: Hornwort, Willow Leaf Hygro, Crypt Wendtii 'Green' & 'Rose', Rotala Rotundifolia, Water Wistera, Flame Moss, Anubias Barteri 'Nana', Java Fern, Ozelot Sword, & Amazon Frogbit. All tanks are low tech with no Co2.

I don't have plans to change the NR ATM...when me & Paige[bassbonediva] move to WA, we're turning her 46galBowFront SW and this will be a divided FW betta tank...and if you're wondering, yes - lots of our fish are gonna be shuffled in many tanks... ;)

Apr 14, 2008
Ugh...sooo many updates...

1) Setup 5.5gal permanently as a betta tank...Ampere, my rescue yellow marble comb/veiltail [who I think are kinda rare only having/seeing 1 before him...] lives in here.
2) 10gal #1 is currently holding my betta, Wendigo, He'll be moving into my 5.5gal after Amp moves to a divided 20gL.
3) 10gal #2 was bought recently & is housing a colony of RCS I received from a friend today. Some otos will be added soon and as the colony matures[most shrimp aren't even 1/2"] a Dwarf Puffer will be added...
4) I bought a yellow crowntail betta[named kiloWatt] with a 1gal after he kept slamming into the side of his cup in the store before I picked him up and when I set him down...moving in d20gL with Amp.
5) Paige[bassbonediva] bought me a yellow deltatail who I named kiloVolt...he'll be living with Amp & kW when I get him shipped to me[or when we're in WA]
6) Bought a halfmoon doubletail plakat who is named Carbon. He was supposed to live in the RCSs' 10gal, but he snapped at them through the measuring cup I put him in to see the reaction[and he tried to get out]...so I rearranged the ideas so he can have the 10gal Wendigo currently has after it's redone...
7) Basically, the only fish left from the 55gal mess up are: Korea, a female betta, 1 Oryzias Woworae - ricefish, 7 Orange Von Rio Tetras, & 1 Zebra Danio[moving him and getting more after I get a 46gal bowfront for coldwater fish] + a random Ghost Shrimp

That pretty much sums things up for now...

Apr 14, 2008
Soo...some photo updates:

5.5gal:

29gal:

10gal x2:
Shrimp:

Carbon[who will be getting the 29gal after things are re-arranged and a new HM will take this tank]:

Just for randomness, my coral :p :

Apr 14, 2008
heh, both are neat little fish and more personable then you'd believe...I really wanna get a yellow watchman goby/scarlet skunk shrimp to finish stocking the tank but that will happen soon enough...

Oh, I'm going to be going to petco again today..I think...and getting a marbled female veiltail betta[black, blue, & white], a green butterfly deltatail[to replace the idea of having a halfmoon in the betta 10gal[Carbon is getting upgraded]], & this awesome piece of mopani DW for the 10gal shrimp tank...

Apr 14, 2008
Didn't get the butterfly...he was cool, but not as interested in him as yesterday...I'm sure he'll find a home quick enough...

My mom did get him:

And I got her[a different marble]:

And re-scaped/did the shrimp tank to go from a mess to a semi organized mess:

Apr 14, 2008
I have some updates...lol

10gal shrimp tank[you wouldn't love this if you lived with it]:

The 2 divided 10gal betta tanks:

the 55gal when it wasn't tannin city[I'm working on that...but not too worried since the fish don't seem to care]:

2 betta girls from there:

5.5gal[no real change]:

Soo....in total, I have:

55gal - FW Community
29gal x2 - Empty and probably will stay empty
20gL - Nano-Reef
10gal x3:
1-halfmoon doubletail tank
2-Ampere & kiloVolt's tank
3-shrimp tank
5.5gal: Osiris
1gal QT Tanks - Gyro & Wendigo - 2 bettas destined for a new 20gL[anyone want 29's for a 20gL? lol] ...

Nano-Reef pics will be next post since I don't wanna post a whole new topic for it...

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Awesome!! How difficult is it to keep up with the salt tanks?? I mean the pH and the salt in the water and the corals. I want to start one (my first fish is gonna be a Firefish) but I'm afraid that I would kill everything. ='(

Apr 14, 2008
Actually, not difficult at all...more nerve wrecking then anything...since I'm past a year in, it's like whatever...but when I first started I just *KNEW* I'd mess up and kill something[which didn't happen]...lol

Generally, I can let my tank go but if I don't top it off[salinity raises since that's left in the water], the coral gets *REALLY* annoyed and closes up for a few days...it always comes back out tho...Speaking of that! When you do start your reef/tank, let me know and I'll send you a frag of the GSP...it's one of the hardest to kill corals[but believe me, neglect your tank and it will die]...

The firefish is a pretty good choice of fish BTW! They are generally hardy, personable and just fun fish... :p Just read and research and I'm sure you'll do well! :)

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Thanks so much!! I was attracted to these fish when I saw them in a tank with some seahorses at my lfs. They have a fw and sw display tank and all of the fish are beautiful!! Arent the occer- whatever clownfish, lol, one of the kinder species?? Cuz i know that there are a few types of clownfish that are aggressive. Marroon and Tomato, i think.

Apr 14, 2008
heh, I figured you meant maroon...no worries...I get in a hurry and misspell things some times too...

But yes, them and tomato clownfish are pretty aggressive and get bigger[6" - ocellaris are 3-4"]...the maroons have been know to go as far as killing green spot puffers[you'll see them in FW tank but they eventually need marine and are *MEAN*] soo...I don't really think they are compatible with many fish...but the tomatoes just seem to hold their own and not attack like the others...

The ocellaris clownfish are docile...but to a degree...when they get territorial[host on something or just protect a spot] they can hurt other docile fish[but I doubt that happens very often and my Ember seems pretty well behaved too]...

Just FYI, all clownfish have teeth...

Anyways, If you want something like I've got, I'd suggest a 20 gallon long since there is a lot more potential for corals and fish...at PetCo, on the dollar per gallon sale, they are $20 which is how I got mine... :p

You could also do a 10gal or 14gal biocube or so, but I really didn't like my 10 as my display SW tank...it was just too small to do what I really wanted[and tho they may do ok, even thrive, I liked having my clown in more room...they are pretty quick little fish and a 10gal just doesn't quite seem big enough IMHO]...IDK how that'd work out for you tho...it depends on what you really wanna keep, how much effort you want to put in and so on...