Kenny's Tanks version 2.0

Apr 14, 2008
Ok...sooo...it's time I get back active here.

Since my current tanks are just kinda a random mess of plant trimmings or fish, I'm not going to include their current looks, but I'll very quickly describe the 3 tanks I personally have running right now:

55gal: 1x Male Eastern Rainbowfish, 1x Female Threadfin Rainbowfish, 1x Blood Red Male Swordtail, 1 Male Dalmatian Platy, 3x Female Bettas, 4x Zebra Danios & 1 Male Albino B/N Pleco
20gL - Nano-Reef: Firefish, 2 Astrea Snails, 2 Nassarius Snails, 2 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, & hitch-hikers on rocks[plus 2 little corals].
10gal: Loki, my Orange Veiltail Betta

Through the history of my fish keeping thing, these have been all my successful FW tanks:

5.5gal:

10gal:

10gal;

10gal:

10gal:

29gal:

55gal:

And I'm sure there are a few others that looked nice, but these are my best, IMO.

As for my 2 riparium attempts, they looked halfway decent:
29gal:

10gal:

Hope you enjoy! And once I get pics of my newest 'scapes[when they are complete], I'll post those too. :D

Last edited:

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
Looks good.
What's the advantage of only filling the tank partial ways up like that? I can see it give you the ability to grow those non-submergable plants, but is there any non-asthetic reasons to do this?

Apr 14, 2008
Looks good.
What's the advantage of only filling the tank partial ways up like that? I can see it give you the ability to grow those non-submergable plants, but is there any non-asthetic reasons to do this?
Not really. The only non-aesthetic reason would be that you could have a newt or the like if you had a place for them to stay full out of the water. But that was too risky for me since I had fish/inverts I really didn't want to loose so it really was mainly for the terrestrial plant growth.

ValRasbora said:
as always, it's looking good :)
riseabovethesun said:
Looking great! :]
Thanks! :D I really need to get the rest of the stuff for my SW tank so I can show that, but that'll come in time, I guess...

This is a good picture of the firefish who lives in that tank, though:

Apr 14, 2008
Yeah, me too. :p

He really does glow like that in person or atleast did before the cat messed up the moonlights. *ALL*

Oh! As a note, my Eastern Rainbowfish is definitely at the end[dropsy]. IDK how long he's lived but I *THINK* he's been with me for 2 years...I'd say he was atleast a year or two old when I got him too.

This was him in his prime:

:(

Last edited:

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
too bad about the rainbow. I recently had a neon die after being with me throu me being a dumb-rookie (like, actually knowing NOTHING) to the somewhat-less-dumb me now. He was at least 4, probably closer to 5- older than my dog, at least.

Loving your firefish!

Apr 14, 2008
Aww...that sucks about the neon dying...but that's a really long time for a neon to live! I think the longest any of my neons lived was 3 years.

The rainbow is still hanging in despite not looking so hot. I did the WC on that tank for the preparation of my new fish I'm getting from Ivan[Newman] later next week, so hopefully that'll help him rather then being his demise.

Apr 14, 2008
Ok...here's what my 20gL looks like for those who have not seen it:

I'm excited to get it full stocked, but that'll take a lot of time and I'm probably going to kick up the 29 too and play with both so money will be divided between the 2.

In regards to my FW tanks, I should have 2 swordtails and 4 platies here tomorrow with some new plants. :D YAY!

Sadly, one of my older female bettas died before my eastern rainbowfish but on the bright side, he's still kickin' and eating...

Apr 14, 2008
That was fine...I don't really have the room for more plants right now anyways. :p

I do need some floating fern from a friend to finish off my 55gal for plants[besides the pink narrow leaf chain sword/micro sword which need a lot more light then what I've got...]...but that's about it. The other tanks don't need anything except to grow out and eventually be redone...lol

Apr 14, 2008
lol I'm far from pro...but glad you like the tanks/fish!

These are the newest pictures since I have them and alittle bit of time to post here:

55gal:

FireStorm, my "new" CT betta my parents got for me after my last surgery/hospital stay:

My rare danio hybrid...thing...lol:

20gL Nano-Reef:

Apr 14, 2008
Sorry to hear they wouldn't help you down the stairs...that sucks! My parents weren't helping me much either. They usually don't buy me fish or do anything nice tho...but...whatever...it was nice to hear about him since I wanted another male betta[just not kinda dumped on me suddenly]!

As a related aquarium update; one of my danios has TB and am expecting him to go within the next few days... :(

Apr 14, 2008
I'm better now; but I'm not out of it yet...I have 1 more surgery to go to..on the fifth...aka day before my brithday! Blah...

Anyways,

The SW tank is a *FUN* tank...I'm all the time dicoering new stuff! I wish I had the money to complete it and get a clownfish too...in time, I guess...

Here's the latest pic of the firefish, BTW :p

Apr 14, 2008
OK...so slight update:

My reef tank got some new inhabitants for my birthday. Particularly an ocellaris clownfish, scarlet reef crab, & astrea snail...

Since the crab/snail looks like one would expect...here is the 2 fish "together"[meaning Pyro isn't happy about it...lol Cat behind the tank isn't too happy either :p ]:

I also replaced the DW & clay pot in the 55 with 2 skulls:

And of course my mom got some new stuff for the 40gal...specifically plant substrate, a bumble bee platy, & white/blue mickey mouse swordtails.

Ok...random but...KUHLI!

I did the majority[ok all of the work] working in that tank and put the piece of DW in the tank...it was fun tho...

Since it doesn't have a light at the moment[but receives some indirect sunlight] I'm not going to show a picture of the tank...but as soon as it does get the light and is all planted, I will. :p