It's extremely understocked in my honest opinion, but it's easier to care for this way and it'll stay mostly like this until I get the 125gal...
1x Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab
2x Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
2x Astrea Snails
2x Nassarius Snails
15+ Dwarf Cerith Snails[and finding more babies all the time]
Feather dusters, bristleworms, etc.
1x Male CT Betta
3x Platy fry in cup[maybe 1 or 2 in the tank]
3x Albino/Bronze Cory juvies in the tank
1x Red Cherry Shrimp[maybe]
Malaysian Trumpet Snails
**needs new light bulbs & a few otos...lol
Plants are: Hornwort, Willow Leaf Hygro, Crypt Wendtii 'Green' & 'Rose', Rotala Rotundifolia, Water Wistera, Flame Moss, Anubias Barteri 'Nana', Java Fern, Ozelot Sword, & Amazon Frogbit. All tanks are low tech with no Co2.
I don't have plans to change the NR ATM...when me & Paige[bassbonediva] move to WA, we're turning her 46galBowFront SW and this will be a divided FW betta tank...and if you're wondering, yes - lots of our fish are gonna be shuffled in many tanks...
1) Setup 5.5gal permanently as a betta tank...Ampere, my rescue yellow marble comb/veiltail [who I think are kinda rare only having/seeing 1 before him...] lives in here.
2) 10gal #1 is currently holding my betta, Wendigo, He'll be moving into my 5.5gal after Amp moves to a divided 20gL.
3) 10gal #2 was bought recently & is housing a colony of RCS I received from a friend today. Some otos will be added soon and as the colony matures[most shrimp aren't even 1/2"] a Dwarf Puffer will be added...
4) I bought a yellow crowntail betta[named kiloWatt] with a 1gal after he kept slamming into the side of his cup in the store before I picked him up and when I set him down...moving in d20gL with Amp.
5) Paige[bassbonediva] bought me a yellow deltatail who I named kiloVolt...he'll be living with Amp & kW when I get him shipped to me[or when we're in WA]
6) Bought a halfmoon doubletail plakat who is named Carbon. He was supposed to live in the RCSs' 10gal, but he snapped at them through the measuring cup I put him in to see the reaction[and he tried to get out]...so I rearranged the ideas so he can have the 10gal Wendigo currently has after it's redone...
7) Basically, the only fish left from the 55gal mess up are: Korea, a female betta, 1 Oryzias Woworae - ricefish, 7 Orange Von Rio Tetras, & 1 Zebra Danio[moving him and getting more after I get a 46gal bowfront for coldwater fish] + a random Ghost Shrimp
heh, both are neat little fish and more personable then you'd believe...I really wanna get a yellow watchman goby/scarlet skunk shrimp to finish stocking the tank but that will happen soon enough...
Oh, I'm going to be going to petco again today..I think...and getting a marbled female veiltail betta[black, blue, & white], a green butterfly deltatail[to replace the idea of having a halfmoon in the betta 10gal[Carbon is getting upgraded]], & this awesome piece of mopani DW for the 10gal shrimp tank...
10gal shrimp tank[you wouldn't love this if you lived with it]:
The 2 divided 10gal betta tanks:
the 55gal when it wasn't tannin city[I'm working on that...but not too worried since the fish don't seem to care]:
2 betta girls from there:
5.5gal[no real change]:
Soo....in total, I have:
55gal - FW Community
29gal x2 - Empty and probably will stay empty
20gL - Nano-Reef
1-halfmoon doubletail tank
2-Ampere & kiloVolt's tank
1gal QT Tanks - Gyro & Wendigo - 2 bettas destined for a new 20gL[anyone want 29's for a 20gL? lol] ...
Nano-Reef pics will be next post since I don't wanna post a whole new topic for it...
Awesome!! How difficult is it to keep up with the salt tanks?? I mean the pH and the salt in the water and the corals. I want to start one (my first fish is gonna be a Firefish) but I'm afraid that I would kill everything. ='(
Actually, not difficult at all...more nerve wrecking then anything...since I'm past a year in, it's like whatever...but when I first started I just *KNEW* I'd mess up and kill something[which didn't happen]...lol
Generally, I can let my tank go but if I don't top it off[salinity raises since that's left in the water], the coral gets *REALLY* annoyed and closes up for a few days...it always comes back out tho...Speaking of that! When you do start your reef/tank, let me know and I'll send you a frag of the GSP...it's one of the hardest to kill corals[but believe me, neglect your tank and it will die]...
The firefish is a pretty good choice of fish BTW! They are generally hardy, personable and just fun fish... Just read and research and I'm sure you'll do well!
Thanks so much!! I was attracted to these fish when I saw them in a tank with some seahorses at my lfs. They have a fw and sw display tank and all of the fish are beautiful!! Arent the occer- whatever clownfish, lol, one of the kinder species?? Cuz i know that there are a few types of clownfish that are aggressive. Marroon and Tomato, i think.
heh, I figured you meant maroon...no worries...I get in a hurry and misspell things some times too...
But yes, them and tomato clownfish are pretty aggressive and get bigger[6" - ocellaris are 3-4"]...the maroons have been know to go as far as killing green spot puffers[you'll see them in FW tank but they eventually need marine and are *MEAN*] soo...I don't really think they are compatible with many fish...but the tomatoes just seem to hold their own and not attack like the others...
The ocellaris clownfish are docile...but to a degree...when they get territorial[host on something or just protect a spot] they can hurt other docile fish[but I doubt that happens very often and my Ember seems pretty well behaved too]...
Just FYI, all clownfish have teeth...
Anyways, If you want something like I've got, I'd suggest a 20 gallon long since there is a lot more potential for corals and fish...at PetCo, on the dollar per gallon sale, they are $20 which is how I got mine...
You could also do a 10gal or 14gal biocube or so, but I really didn't like my 10 as my display SW tank...it was just too small to do what I really wanted[and tho they may do ok, even thrive, I liked having my clown in more room...they are pretty quick little fish and a 10gal just doesn't quite seem big enough IMHO]...IDK how that'd work out for you tho...it depends on what you really wanna keep, how much effort you want to put in and so on...