kenny's 55gal

Apr 14, 2008
IDK ... they drive me insane at times so I try to keep them alternating so they don't all end up due on the same day... :p

In any case, it's still looking kinda [too] nice to rip apart...ugh...lol

On this topic, aren't neons supposed to be freakin' sensitive?! Mine are hella tough... o_O

Baby:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I was worried cuz I couldn't find my otos or kuhlis. I ripped my tank apart and found my otos, but no kuhlis. They buried under my gravel. I felt so relieved when I found them. Course, when I couldn't see Daemon our Mystic when I walked into my room, I instantly knew. :'( good luck on your fish.

Apr 14, 2008
I got the UV sterilizer today...baby betta is hanging in and there's been no new losses as of yet...

We're down to:

1 red crowntail - FM? aka Lazer
2 platies
1 Sulawesi ricefish
1 zebra danio
3 gold wcmms
4 neon tetras
4-5 von rio tetras
1 albino bn pleco
1 bronze cory[who will be moving to the 40gB eventually]

I think that's it, anyways...

I've kinda decided to ditch the idea of doing anything further with this tank and tear it down and replace it with a 72galBowfront.

The fish will be taken into a different direction. I'm gonna slowly phase out having a tropical community because they aren't that entertaining and TONS more work then they're worth if they just die all the time despite doing everything self-proclaimed gurus say.

Apr 14, 2008
Whoa ... this tank has changed ...

Let's see ...

Here's the stocking now:

1x M VT betta
2x fantail goldfish
2x platies
2x gold wcmms
1x zebra danio
4x Von Rio tetras
4x neon tetras
1x Sulawesi ricefish
2x BN plecos
1x bronze Cory
1x featherfin Catfish

I'm probably gonna get a couple more new fish soon[singles/wcmms/danios] and we'll have this baby back on track and get it look great again ...

Apr 14, 2008
Lost one of my goldfish, gave the VT betta away, changed the sand[EWWWW] to gravel[and scrapped the glass/w/e], & added the Toucan, my orange cambodian butterfly M betta & 5?[now] betta girls who were left from the 29gal[and the piece of DW I had in that tank]. Long story.

It's looking pretty good IMO.

Apr 14, 2008
This tank has growwnnnnn xD It also had the UV sterilizer/heater/airstone removed cuz they weren't doing anything good[heater was dead and the other 2 were useless]

Excuse the crappy pic but this droid doesn't have as good of a camera as my prior one did. Blah.

Stock is 2 angelfish, 1 FM CT betta, 3 mollies[2 fry in the container], 3 platies, 2 swordtails, 3 harlequin rasboras, 1 gold wcmm, 5 zebra danios, 7 neon/glowlight tetras, 2 BN plecos, 1 huge featherfin cat, 1 raphael cat, 1 oto, & 1 rainbow shark

Apr 14, 2008
Hi Kerry! I've been ok, just suffering from some weird GI issues which is one of the many things that lead to me quitting my job ... lol The tanks are doing ok, and I have 10 tanks total[from 20] and this tank is pretty stable[especially after removing unneeded equipment]. Fish are growing insanely fast in my tanks.

Like, I got him in June[I spent $70 at petco that day xD] and he was 3", now he's 7":

Raphael catfish are supposedly slower growing too.