kenny's 55gal

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Yes out it!! I loves it. If I save up my money (like $200) then I can get a 55g kit that includes the lights, filters, heater, and even a bacterial start startup. Imma get angels!!

Apr 14, 2008
Kiara: Yes! Angels! I love them even if they do get big and can be monsters... :p

KcMopar: Thanks! That'll be cool! I have some money in my account still[DK how] and I bought some heat packs/the breather bags this last week so I should be able to send your corals soon, too. How's your tank doing? Did all the corals make it?

Just an update: I lost my gorgeous Rose, a rose butterfly cambodian. She seemed fine until I realized she was dead. She was just...floating there almost like she was swimming but yeah... Tank isn't the same w/o her... :( Tetras, white clouds, and that kind of fish can come and go[as long as entire schools don't drop dead, I can kinda see it], but it's always so hard to loose a betta... :(

IDK if I mentioned this yet, but I put 2 of the 3 babies in here. 1 is Lazer[red VT] & the other is Spark[DK how to describe VT]. They seem happy.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Yes, I totally agree. My lfs only sells marbled angels though. Oh well, I like those best anyway. :p

I'm so sorry about your loss!! I cried when I lost Daemon and nearly died when I found out that both of my bettas were dead. I got another male, and I want another female, but I don't have room. Stupid last minute decision on the dwarf gourami. Ugh...i love him anyway. Good choice on my part. He spits water at me every time I walk by. I love him!! I need a female betta!!! -_- I'm broke.... Only I have the money for your shipping. I'm saving that.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I thought I might try the heat pack thing along with some Styrofoam insulated box maybe. Well all seems to have made it but the plate coral. It all died to a much smaller size. So I cut it back and fragged the good sections. I lost a lot of the coral I had fragged but what died I had duplicates of so I got real lucky. I did loose but I still have every type but the plate coral. I even bought a new brain/hard coral yesterday for the 40G which took the biggest hit.
Look in the bottom right corner.
2012-02-12_08-05-37_694.jpg

Apr 14, 2008
I'm very happy to hear that most of your corals made it! :D

I have very bad news for this tank...

It has columnaris...

So far, I've lost: 2 female bettas, 1 von rio[gonna be 3 total], and 2 gold wcmms[believed to be patient zeros].

Last for sure fm betta is hanging in, babies are NOT happy...dk what to do...tank's wq is fine, fish just started dying and I didn't realize till I saw the fungus on her mouth while she was floating[yes, she was a dead]:

I bought coppersafe and gonna buy a uv sterilizer shortly...

if neither option works, I'm done with FW animals besides bettas -- this tank will be tore down, bleached, left to dry and then set up as the new reef[it has a t5ho light and will have 724GPH[~13x turn over].

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Aw. I'm sorry about your loss. Why not dedicate the tank to kuhlis or ADFs?? Then all night you'll here a whole bunch of "ARRIE!!" XD

Tell me when you get the heat packs. Shipping on thursday or friday will be best for me. Tell when to pay you too. I'll do it as soon as I can.

Good to hear Kerry!! Keep up the good work.

Apr 14, 2008
the 55 is too big[deep] for adfs and i don't want kuhlis again...

this specific tank is getting a bullet hole or 10 put in it, i'm gonna buy a new 55/glass lid, swap out the t5ho bulbs to 1 10k/1 actinic, new filter cartridges/biowheels[I know, but I'll have macro algaes so it's a moot point] and will officially be my reef[gonna get more live stock].

it's gonna have ~70LBS. live rock, ~30LBS. aragonite sand, & be mixed[sps/lps/softies/marcoalgaes]...total flow will be 724GPH -- uv sterilizer/etc...hopefully it'll be really nice.

Apr 14, 2008
heh, no worries there...I don't wanna kill them -- this will be after they're all gone...it may not happen...but it may...we'll see...

Lost Spark today so there's another fish gone...he was fine yesterday and just dropped dead today[yes, I bleached my arms after touching the water and threw away that net since I hate it anyways]. At the very least, they aren't suffering for long... :'(

Bought the UV sterilizer...it's 9W and has a 216gal pump with a sponge filter. It and the coppersafe shipped today...hopefully they'll work ...

Last edited:

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I hope for the best Kenny. Me and my two girlfriends are sick of our homes, so if we run away, we're gonna go to Florida and I'm gonna try and find you. xD I have so many problems at home. :'(

Apr 14, 2008
Awww...that sucks... :( I hope things work out at home for you guys ... *hugs*

I could totally see you randomly showing up at my door like "I can seez da fshes?!", tho... xD

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Thanks. *hugs*

I WILL!!! LMAO!!! I will. I will be a mini stalker and find where you live!! Course, that'll be easy when your address is on the package. *evil laugh* *sings* Oh kenny!!! I'm coming for you!!!! *prances off and giggles creepily* xD xD xD