kenny's 55gal

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I would like a 150G community with a few large schools of tiny fish and a big few hardy plants. It would be a re-learning curve as i have not had community fish in a couple decades. My wife and I have talked about it. We might wait until we build our house in a few years or so. She has 7 months left before she gets here BA in nursing, then about 1.5 years for her masters of nursing (practitioner), then about 1.5-2 years for her Doctors deal (General physician). I told her by that time we could build the house with the tanks included then only have to worry about transporting the fish LOL!! We will see I guess. My local has a very large community tank that has really inspired me.

Apr 14, 2008
Ok...soo...been playing with stocking options:

2x GBRs
1x Dwarf Gourami
5x FM Bettas[have 3, the overall number depends on what all FMs I find. My most wanted one is a platinum HM]
1x Swordtail
2x Platies[have]
3x Guppies
5x Harlequin Rasboras
1x Sulawesi Ricefish[have]
6x Zebra/Leopard Danios[have 1 zebra]
4x Gold WCMMs[have 1]
7x Orange Von Rio Tetras[have]
9x Neon/Cardinal Tetras[have 4 neons]
4x Black Neon Tetras
4x Glowlight Tetras
1x Albino BN Pleco[have]
3x Bronze/Albino Cories[have 1 bronze]
3x Peppered Cories
1x Albino Rainbow Shark[ ... maybe. I LOVE them, but it will have to be behaved to stay in this tank]
Zebra Nerite Snails, & Bamboo/Ghost Shrimp

Anyways, yes, this tank is gonna be very heavily stocked but I do WCs when I need and most of these fish will school together. IDK about the black neons[I've never had them before] but the cardinals, neons and glowlights will be 1 school and my neons stick with the von rios so yeah...

I'm also partially considering cherry barbs[more peaceful then say tigers] but we'll see.

The 40gB is definitely gonna get the longfinned serpaes. That tanks needs fish so badly! lol They are not only "old"[most are from 2007] but their numbers have dwindled down some so I wanna fix that.

Anyways...before I get many more fish[which will be QT'd in the 29gal for atleast 2 weeks which sucks :-/ ], I'm gonna plant this tank up heavily. That was the whole reason behind getting the T5HO light. :p

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
When you stock that tank, I am so gonna find out where you live, break into your house, and sit in front of your tank and watch your fish for hours on end. And that's not a threat, that's a promise. ;) xD

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Hey laura, I was thinking about putting about 12 WCMM in my 55g. Well they be ok with my goldfish?? Even though it's winter and there's no heater in the tank, the tank stays at 70-72 during the day and 66-68 during the night. Idk if they will be fine in these temps, since they're not tropical but not cold water either.

Apr 14, 2008
Kiara: ROFL! As long as you don't steal my fish or shrimpies[atleast past what I'd give you], I have no problem with it! xD I'd say yes to the WCMMs, they are pretty hardy fish from what I've seen and have heard.

Laura: I think they'll be fine. So far, the one I have sticks with my evil little neons[it "harasses" them, even! xD ] and the tank doesn't usually reach the 80s[77-78] so that's more reasonable. In captive bred fish[I know this because they get sold as feeders! *rant!*], I think they are ok with higher temps then what the wild caught ones could have ever handled simply because they wouldn't be kept at 60 degree temperatures. Atleast, that makes sense in my head... :p

Just another random new pic:

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
The gold WCMM is still considered subtropical. They can survive higher temps temporarily but their lifespan shortens if subjected to "extreme" temps for long periods of time. That's my understanding, at least. Kiara, they would probably do well in your goldfish tank.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
LMAO!! So is that a yes for the sign?? xD

But I want a pretty one soooo BAD!!!!! I can't find any pretty Bettas around here anymore!! So, I'm "borrowing" yours. =3

Thanks, Laura. The only trouble is finding them. I really don't want to pay $3 each for the normal ones. What if I buy some nice looking feeders and isolate them for a month?? That should make sure that they don't spread disease, right??

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lol!! I like Crow. He's purdy!! I like him and the other male the best. What's the others name??

Oh, btw...WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU KEEPING ALL THESE GUYS?? xD ROFL

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2008
Element[black/red/blue/green VT], Firefox[red CT], Ming[black marble with random green highlights DT], Plasma[blue/green marble SD], Abaddon[/Carbon - copper HMDTPK], Animatronio[black mustard gas/orange dalmatian VT], & Crow[black orchid CT] all live in my mom's room...they're her fish[carbon/element were mine, actually but I gave them up when she had places they could go]... :p

Daeva[the blue/black/white CT that I think is the one you like so much] lives in the 5galFBH, Lokki[the pink dalmatian VT] lives in the 5.5gal, Arc[red copper dragon HMPK] lives in 2.5gal, Azazel[gold HM] lives in 20gL, Tygris[red/blue marble CT] lives in the 20gEH, kV[gold butterfly CT]/Amp[yellow marble VT]/Ion[orange VT - used to be butterfly but he changed]/Pulse[red butterfly VT]/Ghost[gold marble VT]/Vengeance[green/red marble VT] live between 2 divided[3x] 10gals, Osiris[violet/red marble VT] and Surge[orange[or gold?] butterfly VT] live in 2 1gal QT tanks and...betta girls live in the 55gal.

Gonna get another 20gL and divide it up for Wendigo, Nova, Osiris & Surge, I think.

You just HAD to ask, huh? xD

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I'm starting to regret that I did. My eyes died!! Lol jk jk. I love them all and I feel bad cuz I just laid on my dog and didn't realize it until he grunted. XP I have a really nice pic of my Kuhlis. I'll upload it soon once my computer gets internet again. Yay Android phone!! xD

Apr 14, 2008
lol @ laying on the dog! I laid down on the cat earlier and got hissed at even tho it's not uncommon now. When I start singing in what everyone calls my demon voice[my lowest note and I growl[gotta keep up the name!]], she FREAKS...lol You'd think for knowing me for 7? years, she wouldn't be afraid of me...but... :p

Apr 14, 2008
So some stock updates for this tank...got 1 new baby betta who's already the king/queen[seriously, you wouldn't know that this fish is an 1" long hearing about it's personality! rofl!] and I *THINK* a delta but anyways:

I also got 5 more gold white cloud mountain minnows:

So we're up to ~29? fish in here with 3 more on the way[like literally in transit].

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
ROFLMAO!!!! You should record yourself singing. xD Max didn;'t really care that I accidentally squished him, but he got his revenge. I was laying on the floor and he was running around. He started jumping over me and I started to laugh, which hyped him up even more. Well, let's just say that he crashed on my face and it wasn't pretty. He had blood all over his chest....cuz he gave me a bloody nose. Well, I'd rather get a bloody nose like that rather then my guy friend who went to kiss his girlfriend and as he leaned in (without touching) his nose started to bleed. We all laughed but his girlfriend got freaked out. xD

Anywho, lovely betta baby!! Well, my danios are spawning again and my kuhlis are having a great time following them and eating the eggs lol.

Apr 14, 2008
hehe, I'm gonna do that soon but it'll be normal singing. :p Blah about the dog giving you a bloody nose, tho! lol

New picture updates from this tank:

It's coming along!