just hot a 3ft tanks can i put it upstairs

dean1397

Small Fish
Dec 21, 2007
united kingdom
hi i have just been giving a 3ft fishtank i was wondering can i put it upstairs in my bedroom any advice would be fantastic need to no as soon as so i can set it up

Feb 13, 2009
Colorado
Dean, of course you can put it upstairs. Are you wondering since it will be so heavy once it is full of water? So long as whatever you put the tank on can hold the weight, it can go anywhere you want. Just remember, a gallon of water is roughly twelve pounds, so twelve times however many gallons is in a three foot tank will be a lot of weight. Good luck!

dean1397

Small Fish
Dec 21, 2007
united kingdom
thanks

i dont no the wait of water lol but its a big diffrence lol any way i look forward to filling my tank up now lol the cabniet i am putting it on it quite solid i will post some pics in the next few weeks when i have it all set up
*GOLDFISH**twirlysmi*thumbsups

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
as long as the floor joists are solid there are no issues with putting the tank upstairs. if I recall 3 pine 2X4's nailed together side by side can hold up to a ton or more. so with the entire house tied together ur looking at thousands of pounds of fish tank it can support.

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
make sure you cycle your tank properly and have all the correct equipment before stocking your tank with fish. you should also research what you can keep together and how many of whatever fish you want in your tank. this will ensure you get fish you like that live the longest/optimal lives without having to constantly purchase fish after fish because of death and disorder