jerome (my gsp) is swimming crazy help!!

jeromegsp

Medium Fish
Aug 14, 2003
tx
Visit site
i just got jerome about a week every now and than he swimgs against side of tank up and down up and down......i check amonia lvl and its .5 which is good right? he still eats when i put snails or frozen brine shrimp other than that he swims up and down up and down....general info hes slowly getting acclimated to brackish salinity lvl is at 1.0003 hes in a 20 gallon tank w/ 3 mollies and 2 ghost shrimp he hadn't ate yet

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
mine does the same thing when i watch him. the inside of the tank has a reflection on it, i saw it when i looked at it from the side and top. usually he does that facing the back or sides, but ive learned that when he does it to the front, hes gettin hungry:D

other possibility

my gspuffer has no salt in his tank,idk why but the guy at the petstore said he would get sick and turn black if i put salt in the tank. i tested what he said when i got home and sure enough my puff turned black and started laying on the bottom of his tank. ive also read about them needing brackish water when they reach maturity, but i wouldnt know off hand.