Irridescent shark, NOT for the home aquarium either....

Feb 2, 2003
North Dakota
I'm glad you posted that pic Mana. So many people come into the LFS and see these cute little "sharks" they're small,shiny, andsharks how could one not want one right? The thing with this fish is that they are so skiddish when large in size. There was a 14" ID shark at the store I work at, kept in a 10g tank it had bloodied up both his protruding eyes, no doubt it was painful.

Another fish people show be warned about. The Red-Tailed Amazon cat fish has been caught in the wild weighing up tp 450lbs!! hey may be cute,pretty and aggresive but do your research!!

Yeah i agree. my friend has like 2 or 3 ID Shark in a 10 gallon with VERY overgrown plants (he "brags" on how long they are and from the description, the fish would just stand there in my mind) with a bunch of other fish like angels, neons, guppies. oiy, i've umm, how do you say in a nicer word, ranted on him a few times. he wont listen. he says "it looks nice" and that they just swim there they have "room" i hate thick skulled people...

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
When I first saw them, I thought they were cute fish. Obviously they are very attractive, but shouldn't be kept in a tank. I wish pet stores would stop selling some of those tankbuster fish at low prices. At least with an arowana you see the price tag and you know it's something to think twice (or even four times) about.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
your wasting your time in a retail outlet like that.it's a waste of their time and yours with little benifit.you will just be looked at as a disgruntled customer when you do that.it's far more effective to call corperate offices in a situation like that.for what the person in the pets department gets payed they don't give a damn what you think.they have shelves to stock and everything else to think of that their boss told them to do.it's like that with most places that aren't lfs.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
i dont even think they should be able to sell that.a retail store has no business selling livestock unless they intend on keeping it in the best of health.heck i won't shop at a grocery store if i think their frozen food tastes funny,what makes a retailer think i want to buy a disease ridden animal,be it a dog,fish rodent,bird or hissing cockaroach for that matter.i used to try and help people when i seen them making a bad livestock choice but i find too often they are the same people that come on here and post something like this"hi i'm new to the board i have 2 silver dollars,1 oscar and 3 mollies in a 30 gallon tank,i've been keeping fish for 2 years now"