I think my oto cats bred!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Okay, so I think my oto cats bred. I saw two of them flitting about the tank together and acting all courting-like, then today when I went to feed everybody (they're in a 45gal bowfront with nine female bettas...I have 3 oto cats of unknown sex and age) I noticed a cluster of what looked like eggs and some clearish jelly-like stuff attached to one of my plastic plants. I know my female bettas didn't breed 'cuz only one of them is in season right now and she came into season *after* I took the male I temporarily had in there out. So, could my oto cats have bred? If so...WHAT DO I DO?!?! LOL! Thanks! *BOUNCINGS

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Yeah, if they are eggs (still not sure yet 'cuz I had an awful bacterial bloom and everything is gross in the tank now :-S), then I know they have to be from the otos. I have tried to breed my bettas a couple of times and did quite a bit of research on them, so I know what they're supposed to look like. :) What's funny is that everyone says otos are hard to keep and really sensitive, but mine have done great, even with being moved between an 18gal to a 45gal tank (with a week-long lay-over in smaller tanks while the 45gal was finishing cycling) and this bacterial bloom. It'd be freakin' cool if they were eggs from the otos though. :-D