Humane way to dispose of half dead fancy tail goldfish?

IvannaFish

Medium Fish
Aug 8, 2005
Texas
My fancy tail is half dead. She was injured by another tank mate and lost half her tail but was doing better after medicated her tank. Today she is upside down and swimming around in circles. I know she is ready to kick the bucket but I can let her get eaten alive by the rest and I hate to flush her alive. My ACF is trying to pick her apart. HELP!!! :(

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
Yikes.

i agree with ram man. goldfish and tropicals is asking for trouble. They have 2 totally different types of needs...from water temperature to ph to...well, everything.

if it is dying....go to the store, buy some clove oil.

get a bucket and put some tank water in there...add a bit of clove oil and swirl it around...put the fish in.... it'll just go to sleep.

clove oil will humanely 'put it to sleep'.

(for some reason, i feel as though i am on a slight rampage tonight...)

TLH

Large Fish
Jun 27, 2005
Northants;England
JNevaril said:
Yikes.

i agree with ram man. goldfish and tropicals is asking for trouble. They have 2 totally different types of needs...from water temperature to ph to...well, everything.

if it is dying....go to the store, buy some clove oil.

get a bucket and put some tank water in there...add a bit of clove oil and swirl it around...put the fish in.... it'll just go to sleep.

clove oil will humanely 'put it to sleep'.

(for some reason, i feel as though i am on a slight rampage tonight...)
If you use this method,which is one of the best,DO NOT use the same bucket you change water with as the Clove Oil hangs around for ages.Use something you can throw away after.

stooeygee

Small Fish
Aug 29, 2005
Manchester , England
i cant believe in times like these people are commenting on not keeping goldies with trops......

that is not the advice that was asked for..........

i agree not to keep goldies ( cos they are more difficult to keep than most keepers on here realise ) with trops.

if you wanna humanely kill your fish then the clove oil method is the best IMO.

stuey