how long has it been?!?!?

Jan 29, 2009
MASS
I do not remember how long ago i last looked this site. When i first posted, it seems as if i was just trolling you all, and attempting and rather failing badly at the "Cool way" of typing. never really got my tanks going well, now that i have a job, and am much much older, i might just start my smaller tank back up after cleaning my room a little bit, and re-arranging it all.

if you all remember me, sorry about when i first posted. i was damned young and in-mature and did not spell very well... still do not have spelling 100%, but meh, lifes a *****.

whats new?

Jan 29, 2009
MASS
Thanks! wont be on here much, just nice to see what has changed you know?

Hello; Do not recall your early posts. Do you have any issues with starting the small tank?
yeah, im guessing most tryed to navigate around them, the spelling in them was really that bad, i think i left late 2009. Im not sure if im going to start my 15G again, I need to look at how much im making in the next month or two and make prioritys. I can start Drivers Ed In December, thats about $1700, and other odds and ends that add up to about $600. just need to get the first $300 or so than ill do it.

can anyone give me a small estimate on how much chemicals and such will cost? I know i gotta buy media for my Ehem Ecco(its for 35G). i got nothing besides the tanks and filter(without media, got the pads im sure).

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
All you need is the pads, that's all I run in my tanks. I have always ran chemical free except for the tap water conditioner which is a few bucks. Just clean/rinse your pads out in the water you removed from the tank for water change and put them back in the tank so you bacteria will not be killed off.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Are you talking $1700 for high school driver's ed?? Or is this for a truck drivers license? Gosh, if it is for high school there would certainly be a lot of kids that wouldn't take the course and wait until they could get the license without the education which would be a bad thing IMO.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Most schools now have a class you have to pay for and its not a 1/2 credit like it use to be. My oldest had done the driving thing at school after hours and it was about $300.00, my second oldest (daughter) because of prior commitments to ROTC had to take it during the summer a drivers training company and it was almost $500.00.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I know different states have different rules, but $1700 seems a little (lot) much. Seems like with my youngest two which are now in their 40's it was less than $100 and of course, when I went to school (back in the '50s ) it was a requirement and part of a Civics class as I remember, but there was no "hands on" training. just rules of the road and those sort of things -like the impact of a crash at certain speeds and car care etc.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Hey, Kerry, Congratulations! As they say, life begins at 40! That is when I got my R.N., my pilot's license and a new husband. I started my own business, became computer literate and then went on to do a completely different line of work. I am now approaching 75 and still have too many interests and not enough time (or money)!

Jan 29, 2009
MASS
All you need is the pads, that's all I run in my tanks. I have always ran chemical free except for the tap water conditioner which is a few bucks. Just clean/rinse your pads out in the water you removed from the tank for water change and put them back in the tank so you bacteria will not be killed off.
sounds a lill weird to me, but if that works, than ill do it in the summer.

Are you talking $1700 for high school driver's ed?? Or is this for a truck drivers license? Gosh, if it is for high school there would certainly be a lot of kids that wouldn't take the course and wait until they could get the license without the education which would be a bad thing IMO.
Most schools now have a class you have to pay for and its not a 1/2 credit like it use to be. My oldest had done the driving thing at school after hours and it was about $300.00, my second oldest (daughter) because of prior commitments to ROTC had to take it during the summer a drivers training company and it was almost $500.00.
my school has it, but not to the law of MA. around here we need hours behind the wheel non-instructed, the class for it, than instructed hours behind the wheel, along with costs for the DMV and such, gas too. in the end, its up close to the $1300-2000 dollar mark depending on what company you go with.