how am i doing so far?

kooling

Small Fish
Sep 12, 2010
ok i just got my tank about a week or two ago i was wondering if im on the right track my fish seem happy but i wanted to now if you guys/girls liked it too. :)

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think a new background would look good. Have you considered trying live plants? But first and foremost is ensuring you have the right fish for the tank, and that the water conditions are healthy - I think there are some concerns. We can chat about this in a different thread. But this forum is great place to learn about successful fishkeeping!

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
Personally, I think the background is cool. I don't have a traditional background on my tank either, so it makes me feel like less of an oddball when I see other people with things that aren't pictures of plants or solid colors.

Mine's Mike Mignola art though, not Halo.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
not good. do you use water conditioner that dechlorifies tap water AND detoxifies ammonia? you need to use an appropriate dose of water conditioner per every gallon of new water that you put into the tank. condition the water before you put it into the tank.

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm sorry to hear about your lil' fishies. I'd be hard pressed to find a person who hasn't killed a few themselves when they're just starting. Don't give up. Just get more informed.

I also have an unusual background. I'm using stereo speakers. You need to get the new HALO Reach background. ;)