Hi

Lilpoot

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Well I figure this section needs a post.  I love cichlids.  African, South American, Central.  They're all great.  Quite possibly the most interesting fish I have ever kept.  The territorial disputes are the best.  That and the character that these fish have.  They're better and easier to keep that dogs.  Who's with me?

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Lilpoot,

i'm with you! I just started keeping fish recently and I started out with a 5 1/2 gallon then I wanted more fish so I got a ten gallon and for Christmas I got a 29 gallon. I just can't quite! But I have done a lot of reading and I found that everyone suggested cichlids so I found some and bought them. I know have 2 firemouths, 2 kennyi (lambardoi), and 1 blood parrot. I did have an oscar but he got killed by another fish. too bad huh. so I think that cichlid fish are much better than a dog. If you get this reply and tell me what fish and tanks you have.

cichlid power

ryanp13

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Definitely with you on that score, CICHLIDS are the coolest fish I have ever kept, I started out with 6 angels and now I refuse to keep any non-cichlid fish,
I currently have three tanks one large tanganyikan community a small 96L tank which houses a breeding pair of convict cichlids and I have a little 18 inch tank which I intend using for either rams or apistos.

D

discusaquarium

I'm with you all the way. Cichlids are the coolest fish out there. There are so many kinds and god knows how many colors. I have a 55g planted tank with Discus in it, and i LOVE it. I dont think it would be the same without them in there, I had angels before and loved those too.Hopefully I can get some more tanks for Discus....Joe

sharkbait

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
One cichlid that I've never kept is Discus.  I'd like to give it a go one of these days.  I just don't know if I'm ready for the time and commitment that is required for successful discus keeping.  Maybe when I'm older and more patient.....;)  

Yes, I agree with the general consensus on this thread.  Cichlids are the best!   ;D

D

discusaquarium

Really, $50? I betcha i can find somewhere cheap around ya. Where are you from dude? I'll try and find somewhere for you if you are interested...I have a ton of breeders on my favorites list... Joe

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I'll send it to you through a private message. There are some people who want my address! <cough?ownedbykitten<cough> I only have two pet stores in my town. There are a few in the neighboring town but that's were I found the discus. ;D Thanks. :D