Hi there!!

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Hello!

Ooh you have celestial pearl danios. I am always captivated by those guys in the stores (in display tanks, they don't look as good in the "sale" tanks).

Hello!

Ooh you have celestial pearl danios. I am always captivated by those guys in the stores (in display tanks, they don't look as good in the "sale" tanks).
Hi there! I wish they had them locally! I had to order them from Live Aquaria, and they are SO cute! They're going in a new 6G Fluval Edge that's currently fishless cycling for them.

Hey mama! Nice to see you over here too!
You too! Id know that avatar anywhere hehe. :)

not sure where hanover park is, guessing around chicago? I'm from the quad city area myself. and welcome to the forum :)
It's a bit North West of Chicago in the burbs. I moved here from Tacoma Washington and love this area! I do miss the cooler climate of Washington though. The humidity here is doing me in lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
try living east of the mississippi river lol. hot summer days we get around 90% humidity lol. and maybe it's cause i was born and raised here but i would not want to live anywhere near chicago (to many gun laws :p) lol. I think i'd be the opposite and head out to washington and be in the mountains and not far from the columbia river lol.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Exhume - I think you would really love it here - you sound like the kind of guy that would enjoy our rivers, lakes, and especially the mountains. When you live on the west side of the Cascades you are really quite close to either mountains or ocean - take your pick. And then we have the Sound and Hood's Canal, too. Although I am not a scuba diver, we have a friend who brings us some terrific fish he spears. And then there are the oysters, shrimp and Dungeness Crab.

try living east of the mississippi river lol. hot summer days we get around 90% humidity lol. and maybe it's cause i was born and raised here but i would not want to live anywhere near chicago (to many gun laws :p) lol. I think i'd be the opposite and head out to washington and be in the mountains and not far from the columbia river lol.
Oh I love this area.. burbs is where it's at! While I do miss the weather in Washington, I definitely do not miss Tacoma or it's crime infested area. I never felt safe there, but I feel at home and very safe here in the village of Hanover Park. It's beautiful, very clean, quiet, and I definitely feel safe. I'm an Army brat, so I've lived all over (raised in Fayetteville NC and lived in Orlando Florida for awhile... serious humidity, but awesome thunderstorms).

I think you would love Washington.. just don't go to Tacoma.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I grew up in Northern WI on a small farm. Because of milking cows we never got to travel far or take vacations. I married a guy in the Coast Guard, our first assignment was at Cape Blanco, OR with 12 other guys and we were really out there in the middle of the coast and country. We lived on fish and vension. The little CG station was right on the edge of the Cape which was located on a very large ranch (which has since become a state park - the part the Indians didn't claim) We even managed to haul our horses out there. That was over 50 years ago and we have stayed out here although we now live in WA. I go back to the Cape every few years, but all that is left is an abandon light house with a lot of history -- still feels like home, though. It was a LORAN station when I was there, but LORAN is no more.